Thread: The VA sucks!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2003, 02:23 PM

Hey Melody,

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa I know we never like bad news and some doctors get pretty cold blooded after years of telling people bad news.

I lost my Grandpa to cancer and it got him quick I hated everyone and everybody because they couldn't save him. But I've learned that Doctors aren't God's they are just educated men/women in most cases who are doing their best with the science and tools available today.

I sure wish they could find a cure for cancer its not my favorite subject since I too got cancer about 5 years ago - my wife like to have had a coronary - but after surgery and chemo I've been in remissioin so - so far - so good. I get tested every year and I'm six months late for my last one. I'm goin don't worry I just gotta set up an appointment.

I agree with you we have more foreign doctor's in the states and why is that? I don't know.

I went to my VA this week and was 10 minutes late getting there they made me wait two hours and finally I just told them I had to leave and I would make another 6 month appointment at a later date - but please renew my meds for another year. They said OK.

The system is what the system has always been. My Grandpa, My Dad and My Brother all went to the VA - They are all gone now and now I'm going so what can you do?

Get your Grandpa a second opinion? If you can. Try another VA chapter in your area if you can? But a second opinion would be good before any quick treatments. You have to make the call if your Grandpa can't.

God Bless you and your Grandpa I wish you both smooth sailing.
I will put prayer's in for you both like we all do when one of our own is suffering. Take Care.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote