View Single Post
Old 05-27-2002, 11:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post Last Night!

After our Sunday Evening Service. The Vets and I just sat and talked about being in the Service. Some served in WW II and Some in Korea. Talked about the guys in their units they lost. The WW II fellow is 93 and the last leaf on the tree of his generation. Landed a few days after D-Day and finished the War in Europe. He was in a combat unit and saw enough of the worst in humans but yet one of the most optimistic people I know. Patriotism is good but we all have some concerns. But, I believe our Nation will survive many more years to come. Sat around today and watched Patriot films and war films. Thought about all the men who gave their lives that we might have freedom. Chris and Griz, I wish you guys wouldn't talk about getting old. Sis and I are several years older than you guys and that makes us really feel old.
The older we get we should avoid living in our memories. Memories are wonderful things but life is in the present. A man by the name of Paul wrote: "forgetting those things which are behind, I press on towards that which is ahead, I press on to reach my high calling in Christ Jesus."

Press On and Only look back to get your barrings.

Keith
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links