View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrels joy View Post
Iran Worried Over Georgian Conflict

Iran is concerned that if Russia comes out looking bad in this conflict, it could have two negative repercussions for Tehran.

One is that Iran will lose the influence and support of one of its important allies in the 5+1 group of nations.

The other worst-case scenario for Tehran is that a weakened Russia, seeking a deal over Georgia, could give the U.S. the green light to launch a military operation against Iran’s nuclear facilities. “In the dealings between international powers [i.e., Russia and the U.S.], Iran has to be very careful,” warns Dr. Senai.

There are other angles of this conflict which could concern Iran, notably the Israeli connection.

Even if Russia doesn’t immediately reciprocate, it might do so in the future. The Georgian experience will serve as a good personal example for Russia’s leadership and the threat they pose by supplying weapons to another country’s enemy, especially Iran, which Israel sees as an existential threat, something far more serious than the Georgian threat poses for Russia.

Good article, thanks man!

I have nothing more to say then : Well to bad Iran, to bad. Im all this will not bring to much good to russia.. and i think USA should go there and place real peacekeepers.
Ofcourse war between USA and iran or USA and russia would NO way be good and will not come, becouse this would end up to be.. well.. ww3. I do not think even russia is so stupid to start to shoot USA troops. Ower long time i do support fully if USA will go and play "police".

i just read cool news that they setting up gergian gov websites in Estonia, mfa.gov.ge is already hosted in Estonia