View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel View Post
I requested records from NARA, they sent his record for 74-78. The dates on those were wrong. They had his school dates and a few others wrong, and my mom said they didn't make sense. He has also said a fire destroyed his records. He has a silver star lapel pin and I know the integrity of my father, he wouldn't wear it if he didn't earn it. He wore it and the vietnam pin when he went to my brother's graduation for basic. that was the first time we saw that.

He repeatedly speaks of something that happened at Dak To where air support was brought in very close to where his unit was. I had contacted someone from the 25th and they told me it was active in that area from 68-70. He also has spoken of saving a medic who later died. He was injured three times, we know that. My mom knows he served before '74 she saw his uniforms. It's not a simple matter of just asking him. He doesn't talk about it, he won't. He will be 58, I wish he could have some peace. With my brother serving in Iraq, it has brought back a lot of memories for him. Maybe when my brother gets home, they can talk of things together.
The fire at St. Louis destroyed some WWII records but NO Vietnam records were lost.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links