View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 06:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I might make it

Thanks for leaving me off the list, Bob, even tho I been there 4 outta the last 5 years.

Well, Its possible I could make it there again. This time I might even drive all the way from OR. But then again, its possible not, also. You know me: I never tell people when I'm coming because it only gives the sumbitches more time to plot against me.

The trouble is that there's a Ranger reunion down in Ft Benning 2 weeks later that I was thinking about attending. This is in conjunction with the Best Ranger Contest which we'd get to witness as guests. They're going to let the old Rangers (self been grandfathered in) fire all the cool stuff also. Wow--how could I miss that?

trouble is that to make the last weekend in Apr, it would mean I'd have to stay in the South for two weeks or more, which is frankly beyond my limit. A week, yes, 10 days, possibly over the JazzFest, but weeks: no no but no. Not that I mind the dear old rebellious place but its gotten to be like everywhere else: malls and MDonalds, KFC and Target, Taco Bell and Costco. if I gotta do two+ weeks in Motel 6's its gotta be someplace REALLY cool.

Like Hawaii, which is Option C here. I skipped going to Hawaii last year and I miss the place. I wouldn't be staying in Motel 6 there either.

But hey, Sid, John and other usual suspects living around there--if I went to the Ranger thing, I couldd cruise on up to the Mountain and still see you guys anyway, but 2 weeks later. Would that be cool?

Stay good
James