View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 09:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Command position as in a USNR Ltjg. skippering a 50 ft. pursuit, surveillance and patrol craft that had an enlisted crew of about five or so. Then we talk about beaching a high profile V-hull speedboat as if it were a flat hull, low profile armored assault landing craft and playing at being a Marine of some sort whilst abandoning his command in foot pursuit of some damn thing or another of minimal of no military value. Kerry brags on this stuff as if it is the hallmark of some swashbuckling e-max sin-omega-t Navy hero. As former participants of Navy Operation Market Time come forward I?m sure there will be some very caustic comments as to the idiocy, suicidal and incompetent nature of these antics. Man-O-man, if that?s a Command cut above then all I have to say is that I saw nothing at all during my time in Operation Market Time. I will say that I saw nothing at all like Kerry?s adventures of daring do. That kind of thing was always good for creating an oil slick and floating debris for no good purpose.

Scamp