The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2009, 09:20 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Post email from a friend

On my trip east to visit the kids, I got to ride in an Air Force C-130H. No big deal right? This one was different as it was a "walking wounded" flight. I didn't know what to expect and have to admit that I was a little nervous.

There were about 25 or so men, kids to me, with one on a medivac stretcher. They were accompanied by a full medivac crew. The kids were mostly in civies and most dozed off as soon as we had wheels up.

I got to talk with a few of these heroes and when they found out that dad had a son headed to Afghanistan, they bent over backwards
trying to convince me that son John was going to the safest place in Afghanistan! They were more worried about an old man then themselves!

These kids are from all over this great country, they just got out of either Bethesda or Walter Reed and are headed back to their units to finish healing. There was no complaining even when they would be woken up to be check out, blood pressure, pulse and temp, etc. They would either
eat some of their box lunch, go back to sleep or play with their I-pods.

Regular kids riding in a C-130. The difference came when we landed. They mostly rode off in ambulances with some in vans. I get chocked up thinking about these young kids and know that we have to keep them
in our prayers and have to stand up for them and cover their backs. They made me proud and I know that the greatness of this country is with them.

On a similar note, I watched The Guardian last night and in the middle of the movie, saw a great shot of 1705. For those of you that are not Coastie airdale, HC-130H 1705 went out on her last search the week before the Ft. Hood terror attack. 7 Coast Guard men and women and 2 Marines will forever be on station.

John

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links