The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Housing crisis

Is really only a 5 state issue. California, Navada, Arizona, Michigan and Florida.
The rest of the country is not in a housing crisis.

Ron
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 06:05 AM

Angry I think the picture is much larger

In Illinois we've seen more housing closures and repo' of auto's quite a bit. Property values have dropped by about 30% but taxes keep going up. This bail out is going to cost us all dearly.

It seems gas taxes and all other sin taxes will be heavily raised. They say they are helping the middle class - well as usual we will be the ones footing the bills - as long as we are still working? My job may be eliminated from restructuring. Once again 63 years old I will be out looking for a job. Wife has heavy medical problems and I need that more than anything to ensure she gets the coverage she needs. She's never worked so I can't get her disability. I've been the sole support for two families and the pressure is on me to keep them in housing, food and cloths on their backs.

I don't sleep well anymore like I used to. Everything bother's me and now so late in my years I don't know how I can re-coop the loses. 401K lost 40% or more. Savings is not what it should be because of other cost and support for those who are down and out.
This will kill me sooner than I'd like. Pressure at my age means - high blood pressure and I can't deal with this much longer.

Housing - Taxes - and Medical are killing us all.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Atlanta , Ga . has more empthy houses and condos than all but two other cities in the US. Keep movin Boats , this to shall pass. Prayers out for all of us !
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Boats
I don't know were you got your info about property values dropped by 30%, Most likely one of those five states, Those five states have a 1 in 200 forclosure rate of homes, Most other states have a 1 in 2000 rate. Houses were forclosed on all the years that houses were financed , (100s of years)
If your property taxes are going up , that means your property value has gone up, Or your City/State/county, tax roll has gone up, and that has to be voted on.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:34 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default What housing crisis?

My area, Tri Cities Metro Area, had housing prices rise 4.75% in the last year. I don't understand the difference but housing values dropped a big 0.4% in the same year. It takes a little longer to sell a house but construction is going on all around here. Part of the reason is the relative low unemployment rate, which rose from 4% to 6% since the crisis began. Of course, housing costs here are traditionally lower that the national average. A 4 bedroom, 2 bath, 2500 sq ft new house in this area will set you back an average of $188,744. We didn't participate the housing bubble to any great extent so we are not participating in the bubble burst. Not to say this is an economicly depressed area, quite the opposite. It is growing way too much for my tastes. Too many farms being taken for housing.