The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2003, 07:41 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Medical Marijuana

I'd be intersted to hear what you guys have to say about this, its all the talk out here in the Bay Area because of a recent local case--its semi, quasi legal here--state legal--federal illegal.(?) I don't toke it anymore or drink either, but I burned it for a long time, it really was the medicine I used to recover from the war untill I decided that drugs were for those who couldn't handle reality and I could. The most Extreme stuff I ever went through--by FAR-- I did stone cold sober.
I think that people who want to use marijuana medicinally should be able to and I know many Vietnam vets who use it and have good lives.
Its OK with me if they grow a little, too, its a pretty plant.

James
Old 02-12-2003, 07:52 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool

Farmer John here. Self sufficient. Had the zig zag man on my zippo 33 years ago. Quit cigarettes 16 years ago. Keep on trucking ! :cl: :cl:
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by DMZ-LT . Keep on trucking ! :cl: :cl:
JOhn:
Do you think it works on PTSD? Does it help?
That was what I wanted to ask, to find out what others think--don't answer if you want,I don't want to put you on the spot
Thanks, James
Old 02-12-2003, 08:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post My Friend

My Very Good Friend,

Just had knee surgery. He had two small cancer tumors removed from his knee. His daughter is a Nurse Practicioner and his son-in-law is a MD. I understand that the narcotic in MJ can be made into pill and used for medical purposes.
Anyway, my friend said it sure helped with nausea and helped with pain. Especially, it helped with the side effects of chemo theropy.
I believe that it certainly can help those who are hurting but I hesitate with just opening it up for general consumption, after all it is a narcotic and can lead to more potent drugs.
Its a mixed emotion within me as to how to achieve balance.

Keith
Old 02-12-2003, 08:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Cool

James, different strokes for different folks. Sid doesn't touch it. Me and our other friend Ron use it daily. Yes it helps MY ptsd a lot - much more mellow , much less likley to throw someone into a wall or go into a funk. Not good and I don't use it if I am on the Harley. Peace :cl: :cl:
Old 02-12-2003, 08:40 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Only "Bill" didn't inhale...

...I've never heard of a "pothead" robbing, raping, or ..., and I don't feel it should be 'classified as as "drug",...

... God put it upon this planet probalbly for many usages, it is not "reconstituted" into a chemical derivitive like cocaine, and it's a weed, man has been smoking different things for years, had a few Cuban cigars that made the head spin more then, whats the difference...

...do I think minors should, NO laws should be enforced up throught the minor years, and only after that, let the individual make their own choices,... is it any worse then the "three martini lunch", doubt it...

...behind the wheel, or operating mechinery, firearms, etc. never,...

... but sittin next to the campfire, 400 milies from no where, what's between you, and God is between you, and God, he put your rank a$$ here, he'll take it away when he's ready...

...and if it helps someone with cancer feel better, and eat more, and "live longer" until maybe a better cure comes up, so be it....

...there has to be so many seeds for a reason????

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-12-2003, 10:44 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Cool History

Marijuana was legal in this country until the early 1930's. At that point Mexicans were moving north to get jobs and working for $.15 cents a day when the citizens were making 15 cents an hour. Great Depression, jobs were hard to find. Political leaders in Calif., Ari., N.M., and Texas wanted the feds to close the boarder with Mexico (sound familiar?).
Many Mexican didn't have any money for liquor, they planted grass around their shacks so they might "relax" in the evening. The reps from the 4 previous mentioned states pushed the federal government to make grass illegal so they could deport Mexicans suspected of using or growing grass. When the federal hearing took place the only group that spoke in favor of keeping weed legal was the AMA!
Pill form marijuana, the stuff that has THC in it called, Marinal (sp) is being given by doctors in this area more and more often. The pharmacy companies can make a profit and the government can tax it.
Is grass - THC, good for anyone? Everyone is different, some folks need something to help get them through hard times. We all know people that drink and become violent, obviously grass would be a better option.
I have a friend in California who was been prescribed all kinds of very powerful drugs for his PTSD. Those drugs turn him into a vegetable. So, he uses marijuana and can function in society.
I'm not a user, matter of fact I've arrest quite a few people for distribution, trafficking and a few for possession but seldom charged a guy who had one joint in his back pocket. In those cases just threw it away and reminded the guy he owed me.
In closing, there is a huge difference between use and abuse.

Stay healthy in all ways,
Andy
Old 02-12-2003, 01:54 PM

Talking James

As far as pot and PTSD goes a j a day does more for me than any drugs the VA has prescribed. I'll smoke to the day I die. :cl: :cl:
Old 02-13-2003, 07:57 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Post THC

Seems to help with the affects of chemotheropy. Helps take away nausea. Also since you don't smoke it, it doesn't leave a nasty smell or promote lung cancer. It really isn't different than any other drug when used in that fashion. Probably a good thing, doesn't seem to be a lot of after affects.

Keith
Old 02-13-2003, 08:56 AM

Personaly,I'm convinced that marijuana in it's various forms serves as a very good medication for many people,and-aside from the legal issues-is a much better recreational drug than alchohol.Would much prefer the company of someone who was stoned than someone who was drunk.