The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2004, 03:41 PM

Default Did Anyone Watch C-Span Last Night?

I heard from some coworkers that CSpan ran John Kerry's senate testimony from 35+ years ago. They said that everything we've been hearing in the news about "John Kerry said this" or "John Kerry said that" was all true. They played it all out word for word and the audio was very good too.

I would love to get a copy of the transcripts. I didn't see it but it sounded very interesting.

I guess its hard to hide or twist your words to meet your needs when they have been recorded so clearly.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2004, 04:03 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Watched it

well, a good part of it, we had a call in the middle, had to go help a guy that was probibly having a diabetic/alcahol attack. (I only had two beers)
People, If you ever get asked the question, HOW MANY BEERS DID YOU DRINK, do not---DO NOT say two beers. Instant trip, Hospital or jail.
Any way, john kerry. I want to give Kerry every opertunity to express himself. However--- What a giant jerk, doing it while we have troops still fighting. Lets say, for sake of the argument, that what Kerry said was all true, Does that mean its ok to do this while our troops are still there. He was painting with a yard wide paint brush. I can't see how anyone with more than one brain cell could vote for him.

Ron
Old 03-22-2004, 04:51 PM

Going for the omiba vote eh?

The hair on the back of my neck tells me not to vote for this man. He just creeps me out on so many levels.

Don't know why. Mom always said to trust my instincts.
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-22-2004, 06:37 PM

Dragon Lady;

It probably will come down to the fact, he will not need your vote.
I would expect he would ask you, are you better off today, than you were four years ago?. If the answer is "yes" than you have no right to vote for him.

Than if you are not, and you vote for the other man, and John Kerry gets elected, I'm sure you will benefit from him being elected, and you shouldn't be entitled to those little goodies.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default DL

What was there to learn from watching this gutless wonder yet again? He lied 35 years ago, he knew it was a lie then, he knows it is still a lie, and he is still lacking the physical and moral attributes to make amends for his lies. Your gut check is right is correct; thank your Mom for teaching you properly!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-23-2004, 10:42 AM

Scout,
I was only 5 years old the last time this aired. It should be shown to all voters. How else can we attempt to make an informed decision?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-23-2004, 11:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I didn?t watch it, seen it before. It?s my opinion that Kerry; at the time, had locked onto a pop cause in order to gain recognition and face time and got in way over his head before he recognized he?d gotten himself locked into a really sordid situation and some real bad actors. Then as events passed, he was just going with the flow in a more less monkey see monkey do deal. Maybe like one of those card games where ya can?t win, breakeven or quit.

At present his book from the time is out of print and unavailable. Last I heard, a copy was going for $1000. If Kerry and Co. wanted to make some campaign bucks one think they?d republish it and cash in on a windfall. But the apparent book suppression seems to suggest that they?d just as soon let that old sleeping dog stay asleep. The cover alone is enough to get most people rather peevish, and I suspect the innards must be something to behold.

Scamp
Old 03-23-2004, 01:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default DL

First of all, my apologies for the tone of my response, and how you may have interpreted. Naturally, for those who haven't experienced the example of perjury in living, breathing color, by all means, watching the Kerry testimony is an eduational experience. I was only speaking for my own preferences of how I would use my time for more productive endeavors, like burning cedar trees, rather than watching Kerry's timeless and worthless insults. Hopefully, you were able to discern the reasons for the antipathy felt by thousands of Vietnam veterans towards Kerry by watching his performance.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 03-23-2004, 05:51 PM

I have to admit, Scout, it made me very angry to watch it. And the more I watched the more angry I became. Not at my dear and beloved VN Vets, but at the disgusting gall of this man.
Earlier when this campaign first started I looked at him as a possibility. And when I heard that he was a VN Vet and decorated, I admit I was intrigued. HOWEVER, when I came into the forums and I saw the anger and the truth posted here, I was shocked and appalled. I looked closer at this man who seemed to sway my interest and I did not like what I saw there. The more he spoke the creepier I felt.
I can honestly say he's managed to clinch my vote....not for himself mind you.

I just wish there was something a little better than Bush to choose from. But if I have to go with the lesser of two evils, then it be Georgie.

DL
President Ronald Reagan
Old 03-23-2004, 07:08 PM

Back then I figured Kerry did it because he thought it would help him get laid. I'm sure he saw "Barbarella" too. Who knows? Maybe he did score! LOL