The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Exclamation Federal Gun Bill hr45

While America is being deluged with 'The Sky is Falling' economic news, here`s just one of the bills congress is busy passing while we sleep. Google the thing to read the whole bill, but here`s the gist of it from my eyes:

You would have to carry a photo ID firearms license.
A training class would be required to be licensed.
Disclosure of your storage method would be required for a license.
A thumb print would be required for a license.
Every sale would have to be recorded by the federal government.
If you move, and don't tell an Attorney General within 60 days, you are a criminal.
If a firearm is stolen and you don't report it, you are a criminal.
There would be no grandfathered firearms.
If you do not obtain a license and report every firearm you currently own, you are a criminal.
There would be a license fee and a fee for the "services" provided at purchase time.
Licenses would be required to be renewed every 5 years.

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2009, 01:19 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Griz,...

Certainly stinks of Big Brother Governance AT ITS MOST AUTHORITARIAN & GREEDY WORST, to me.

Not only are America's new variation of Der Gestapo obviously setting the groundwork for
confiscating all weapons NOT THEIRS & THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT (Predators just love these
restrictions on Sheep), the insatiably greedy Dems will apparently pick up quite a few
bucks from We The (Law-abiding Sheep) in licenses & fines, & especially from Gun Collectors.

As an occasional shooter & full time home protector, I certainly hope that MUCH LESS.......
Lordly, Restrictive, Authoritarian or Dictatorial Heads PREVAIL. Also, don't believe Our Big
Brother Government needs that additional money anyway. Else why now DOLE OUT so
much in the TRILLION$??? Why not give Gun Owners a break,...just like for: "Fat Cats"???

Besides, don't believe that most Americans will ever accept Russian KGB type RULE, nor having
to fend off Russian Mafia style Home Invaders with merely a vodka bottle or their bare hands.

Plus, civilians don't have State Troopers, Secret Service & other well armed people on hand
to protect ourselves & families.

Also, why should only We Civilians have to settle for dialing 911 as the ultimate protection?
Realistically 911 solely good for proper forms arriving at ones home for filling-out in most
cases,...if all lucky & still alive to do so?

Don't Dictatorial Democrat Supremacists watch news or read papers??

Neil
Old 02-07-2009, 01:20 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Griz

Thanks for bringing this onerous bill before the general public. It is nothing more than a thinly disguised attempt to disarm or criminalize those of us who take the wording of the 2nd Amendment seriously. Even despite the most recent ruling by the US Supreme Court on a citizen's right to even own a weapon, there are those enemies of our state who are attempting to force their will upon the entire nation.

We were warned that this is and always has been the position of the anti-gun crowd, some of whom are currently occupying the White House. This bill is being pushed by yet another example of the political cesspool that is called Chicago, Rep. Rush Democrat. It is this same type of incrementalism that brought us the obscene income tax rates, the sky-high Social Security taxes, and other freedom-destroying devices that big government has foisted upon us.

In the issue of gun rights, there is no middle ground: you are either for them, or you are an enemy of the state. Make your choice.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-07-2009, 01:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I think it's good..

Now, all the criminals will have to get a license then we can arrest them. Going to sing Kumbya in my Orgainc Garden. Will have a peacefully discussion about this later. Ta ta!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-07-2009, 01:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default The worst is yet to come,...

...from the whiner's,...

... BUT, BUT, wondering how long it would take for them to obtain a "legal firearm" once their house was invaded, or they were mugged on the street by the crack head from north central,...

...Get a really big dog for his ears from the pound, their the ones that will be the most dedicated, he'll let you know if there around you house, stock up, and bury a few cases of ammo around for the lean times, buy a shove, and lime to at least bury the ones you shoot, you don't need your property stinkin up the neighborhood after you start really cleaning up the scum, nobody's going to miss them anyway, cept their dealers,...

...educated your children on proper safety of firearms, and let them know it's open season when the time comes so they will be ready,...

...it's a day by day, and moment by moment process to instill the proper guidlines of firearms safety to all, when the time comes, open season that is, shoot first, and often ensuring that you, and yours will live to see tomorrows sunrise,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-07-2009, 02:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Seatjerker,...

Was that what Pack was talking about, regarding his: "Organic garden"?

Neil
Old 02-07-2009, 02:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Let's remain focused on the subject of the OP. This is a threat by the purveyors of the nanny state to our basic rights as guaranteed by the Constitution. And make no mistake: the current Attorney General of the United States is commited to this HR 45 bill as proven by his past actions. He is the same man who recommended the pardons for some Puerto Rican murderers and for that Rich SOB that Slick Will pardoned. Know who your enemy is.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-07-2009, 02:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scout,...

...I honestly think it is past knowing who your enemies are, we all know by their stances taken, and voting records that they are determined to strip the legal eagles of their right to bear arms, and the fundmental right to protect, and preserve their families,...

...to me calling 911 is a complete waste of time, usually if the average citizen picks up the phone, the lines are cut,...

...My lines are already drawn out as I'm old school, I see into the future, and what I see isn't good, let um pass all the laws they want, what I have regestired, might be on the books, but what has been passed down is already in "special holding areas", and preparing against the storm for me is the answer long term. Should the time come, a good rodent always stores his nuts,... :-)

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 02-07-2009, 04:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Chris

Roger your last. 'Know your enemies' is a metaphor also for 'be ready - lock and load.' I knew you knew it.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:58 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Hr 45

SEC. 401. CRIMINAL PENALTIES.
  • (a) Failure To Possess Firearm License; Failure To Comply With Qualifying Firearm Sale or Transfer Requirements; Failure To Maintain or Permit Inspection of Records- Section 924(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:
  • `(8) Whoever knowingly violates subsection (aa), (bb), or (dd) of section 922 shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.'.
  • (b) Failure To Comply With Universal Background Checks; Failure To Timely Report Loss or Theft of a Qualifying Firearm; Failure To Provide Notice of Change of Address- Section 924(a)(5) of such title is amended by striking `(s) or (t)' and inserting `(t), (cc), (ee), or (ff)'.
  • (c) Child Access Prevention- Section 924(a) of such title, as amended by subsection (a) of this section, is amended by adding at the end the following:
  • `(9) Whoever violates section 105(a)(2) of Blair Holt's Handgun Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009, knowingly or having reason to believe that the person is prohibited by subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 of title 18, United States Code, from receiving a firearm, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both.
  • `(10) Whoever violates section 922(gg) shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both.'.