The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2003, 07:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Angry Prayers Please

I know this is stupid. But I really can't take another loss this year or I'll go crazy. 13 years ago I got a little mixed breed male dog , Bart Hager , since I live with women. He has been a joy and I call him my son. He has been sick all weekend and I just took him to the vet. Vet is doing blood work on him now and will call me soon. He thinks his kidneys may be failing and we may have to put him down. I can't take another loss.Please take a moment to ask the big guy not to take my son from me today. Thank you - from my heart
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2003, 08:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default John...

...Small dogs have big hearts, and i'm sure he knows how much you love him,...

...We all know the pain of a life passing, human, or a pet,...

... be comforted in knowing that all dogs go to heaven, and we hope, and pray that he'll lick your cheek for a long time to come,...

Tom "ANDY" Andrzejczyk

Old 09-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Doc.2/47

My request is in to the big guy.Hope and best wishes are cranked up and aimed your way.Hang in there Lt.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John :

Not stupid at all. I cried off and on for 2 hours when my dog ( female Sheltie ) took off thru the parking lot at the vets and, I am sure with an angel's help, walked thru 6 lanes of heavy traffic unscathed and disappeared for 3 days.
I felt that it was all my fault. She is a source of comfort to me when I need to retreat from the "human world" for a bit. She always seems to understand, so I know exactly how you feel. Prayers up and out.

Take care and stay healthy,

Larry
Old 09-15-2003, 12:23 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy I know how you are feeling now DMZ-LT:

Hello DMZ-LT:

I know just what you are feeling as I also love Dogs. Dolores and I have always had two in our household and I honestly believe that those Dogs KNEW everything I was thinking and feeling. When I am feeling down and need someone to cheer me up, both will come to my side and push their noses underneath my hand as if to let me know that they understand just what is bothering me. They then refuse to budge until I start patting them. As if to reassure me that they are there to give me strength when I need it the most.

Over the years we have lost two of them to old age. We then buried each in our back yard with a little headstone to mark their graves. After a period of mourning, Dolores and I would then go to the local Animal Shelter and adopt another Dog. Each new Dog we obtained DID NOT REPLACE the love and affection we previously had for the dog we lost: The new Dog merely contributed their own unique type of love and enriched our lives in a different way.

It has always been said that "A Dog Wags His Tail With His Heart". A heart that will sacrifice everything, including the Dog's life if necessary, for his master. That is the most sincere and complete love I have ever experienced.

Dolores and I will be sending out our most sincere and heart felt PRAYERS for the full recovery of your beloved pet, DMZ-LT. We definitely know just how you are feeling at this moment, as we have been there ourselves.

The above are our prayers, and wishes, for your Dog's complete recovery; Going out to the man upstairs. Please keep all of us posted on how things go. WE CARE!!

From one Vietnam Veteran to another:

WELCOME HOME BROTHER:

VIETNAM 1968
Old 09-15-2003, 12:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

DMZ-LT -
I'm so sorry, and hope for the best, truly.

My big goofy Pointer "Fred" passed away from a heart attack last year, not 50 feet from the house, alone in the woods, which was his greatest fear... and I was not there for him at his time of need.

Little "Zapata", my Chihuahua, went in the early morning hours, beside me in bed after ten years together day and night, from gradual rat poisoning, and I didn;t even know he had gotten in to it... I kept none on the farm, so he had to have eaten it on a job site.

Tore me up too, but there's always hope and there's always tomorrow... and maybe even another little fur face who needs your love.

Sorry man...
Old 09-15-2003, 12:46 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default I know Lt!

Know exactly how your feeling. Deb and I will send the request to the big guy. Hang in there.....we are all with you.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 09-15-2003, 01:06 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Default John

Prayers that His will, will be done. Hope Bart makes it to 15, if it?s good for him. We had a dog called Clyde. He knew there was something wrong with me in ?97 before we knew and would never leave my side when I was home. After really getting ill that dog was within three feet of me day and night except for quick breaks to run out side and three or four minutes to eat and drink. However he really got bad. There are only a few steps to come into our back door but his hips were so bad, he cried every time he made the trip.

John I do hope he makes it a lot longer but sometimes we need to ask, is it for me or my loved one that I want him to hang on. Not trying to be cold my friend, just want you to think about that line, ?...I can't take another loss this year or I'll go crazy.?

Emotions are funny. Clyde, Precious, Sarah the Soiled, and Dumb Sam have all died. I miss all of them, but it is the quality of life not the length that really matters. Then again, could be wrong.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 09-15-2003, 01:32 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John,

He's a good guy. Remember I have met him. I still miss my crazy old pit bull. He was such a wimp and very sentimental. I can still feel his bumpy old head where I used to pet him. Now as for Grunt/Frodo..... He's a good guy, they just don't give ritalin to dogs.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:05 PM

Distinctions
VOM Coordinator Contributor 

John you and Bart are in my prayers. Like you and so many of my friends on the net my dogs are a big part of my life when you lose one it breaks your heart. I know when I lost Molly you guys were a big help telling me to get a nother one but we didn't take your advice we got two golden retrievers and we couldn't be happier if we tried like vietnam 68 said they don't replace the dog you lose they are their own wonderment and grow with you god bless you and bart and as Andy said gods will be done.