The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2003, 02:26 PM

Exclamation Politics!

A young teenage girl was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat but her father was a rather staunch Republican.
One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked her how she was doing in school. She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA but it was really tough. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying.
He asked, "How is your friend Mary." She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, went to all the parties all the time.
Why she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.
Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and ask why she couldn't take 1.0 off her 4.0 and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a 3.0 GPA.
The daughter angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair, I worked really hard for mine and Mary has done nothing".
The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party".
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2003, 03:33 PM

Good story and if all Dad's would take the time to do what he did there would be less problems. Many times the kids don't want to listen.

My daughter's were the same way I had to battle them week after week on the rules and why they had to crack those books.
When they turn 14 they get a little nuts and think that they've grown up and can make their own decisions. This is true and if it were the olden days they would've been married off and really had tough life of sledding ahead of themselves.

I got them through school that's all I cared about. I only wish one of them had made some better choices after school but they were her choices and she had to live with them - as do her Mother and I.

I really liked your story it would go a long way if it were sent to many schools and other educational firms.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 03:47 PM

Boats,
It is too simple and common sense for them.
I doubt it would be looked at in the "right" way!