The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-03-2009, 09:31 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Talking New Son-In-Law

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure if I mentioned this, but My daughter is re-married after 12 Years. This Guy is a Desert Storm Veteran, and a retired 0-3 from the National Guard. He spent 11 years enlisted time, and then attended OCS. He has been recalled to actve duty to command a small team
in Afghanistan. As I gather it They will be embedded with the Afghan army. My Daughter
is worried about Him deploying. As I told her that's the Military so You have to take the good with the bad. He and I get along very well. My Daughter is taking the deployment
differently now that We talked about it. He is also on 40% disability from the VA. He told Me that did not prevent Him from deploying. He has accepted His responsibilites, and is ready to accomplish the mission at hand.
Topp G.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally Posted by formergrunt70 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure if I mentioned this, but My daughter is re-married after 12 Years. This Guy is a Desert Storm Veteran, and a retired 0-3 from the National Guard. He spent 11 years enlisted time, and then attended OCS. He has been recalled to actve duty to command a small team
in Afghanistan. As I gather it They will be embedded with the Afghan army. My Daughter
is worried about Him deploying. As I told her that's the Military so You have to take the good with the bad. He and I get along very well. My Daughter is taking the deployment
differently now that We talked about it. He is also on 40% disability from the VA. He told Me that did not prevent Him from deploying. He has accepted His responsibilites, and is ready to accomplish the mission at hand.
Topp G.
Congratulations to you daughter. Just curious, what is his 40% rating for ?

Take care.

Larry
Old 04-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

40% is because he is in charge of a small team?
Poss-er

Ron
Old 04-03-2009, 08:08 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Best wishes to your daughter and son in law. Sounds as though you got yourself a good man to watch over your girl. Prayers out for all of you! Arrow

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I think it's all good. This is Her 2nd marriage. After dumping that last no good piece of s**t
sorry a** b*****d 12 years a go. Can You believe He was a wannabee Navy seal, until He found out I knew just a little bit about the military. Never did approve or feel comfortable with Him. About a year after the divorce He contacted her with threats to do harm to her.
I was able to intercept one of the phone calls , and told Him I'm prepared to go to prison for murder. I promise If You ever put a hand on My only daughter, and first born I will kill Your
sorry a**. Have not heard from Him in years, I think he left the city. I've known the captain a little more than a year, and have not found any faults in Him. He is just a normal
country guy from Vicksburg, Ms. I feel good because She chose to marry a military Man.
He has put her in a new home, and gave Me a set of keys. He probably calls Me 2 or 3 times a week. Always say: Hi Topp! Just calling to check on You. We've had several
military related conversations. I'm happy for her, and hope that their relationship will last forever. Sorry about the profanity but had to express those feeling. Hope the administator will not band Me. Thanks for all of the positive comments.
Topp G.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:42 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 
Lightbulb

Good for you Dad. The guy is probably still running! Sounds like she's got a good man and you have a good friend. Somebody must be praying.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 04-05-2009, 06:48 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hope to shake your hand some day Topp , How about you and Danny coming to the mountain in April ? Great Time
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Former Grunt

Congrats to your daughter. Hope they have a good life together.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).