The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Warfare > Warfare

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2003, 03:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Question War - Colombia

It is very difficult to obtain any mainline regular news about the "War on Drugs" strategy or tactics in the Americas but our people are down there doing something, and have been for a long time. If one is out of the loop, as I am, on this topic then almost nothing is ever heard or seen.

However, I got wind of allegations flying around lately about WHINSEC (Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation) out of Fort Benning which replaced (in name only) the old School of the Americas right about the year 2000... which was the target of considerable invective and scrutiny from the Left in past years, due to its training of South and Central American military officers in all manner of things savory and not. Maybe that's why somebody decided to change their name from SOA to WHINSEC, I don't really know.

Anyway, sketchy though it be, it would appear that the Left both here and in Colombia are on the offensive again about WHINSEC's role or absence thereof in human rights violations and secret warfare... but I cannot find any news about how extensive the role is, or who is winning or losing what to whom or why. Evidently the Coca-Cola corporation has been implicated in assisting somebody on one side or another.

I think about our people down there from time to time, and regard them as being essentially forgotten. Whenever one more of those huge budget allocations for the region pops up, then we hear a few words by guys dancing around the tulips on the deal, but nothing ever gets said that has any meat on it.

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2003, 12:20 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Wanna know what feels weird about this whole deal?

In the mid-1800s there was a real fine fast fully sail-rigged ship built, called (I think) the "Baltimore Clipper"... one of the MAIN business purposes that ship had was hauling opium over to and/or back from our currently good buddy China...

Had that ship builder been alive and helping keep full employment today, their assets would ALL be seized and forfeited... not one damn thing has been accomplished to diminish or prevent drug trade in the past 150 years.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote