The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-29-2004, 10:52 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Set the record straight

Okay- Now that I've slept on this one , let me just set the record straight concerning the post "Bit Nam" nick names. My comment was no way directed at any individual , not even to the one that replied to the post. It is something about 3 simple little words that have ate at Me for ever! "The
Baby Killers" I don't know how other members of the Americal feel about this issue, but it is just one of those "don't go there issues with me" Don't know if I will ever get away from that. Yep! Calley didn't do us any favors as far as a reputation. When We returned wearing the "Southern Cross" from Nam the Damn protesters recognized that patch and simply labeled Us as the "baby Killers' as if We didn't already have enough to deal with. So my apology is simple. xcuse my actions if They were out of line. DMZ Lt. Luv Ya "brother" I love each of You as Brothers because that is what you are :"Brothers in Arms" I would go into battle with all of You. My 2 Sons in Iraq: Sgt Scott II, and Sgt Adrain respect each of You because where you have been and what You are: Proud Veterans!!!! Can I say anymore? take care. Coffee time!
"Old Topp" Gee PS> got my home e-mail right: gatewoodsret@aol.com

sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2004, 10:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Topp ! Let's get together soon !!! Give me a call. Take care.

Larry
Old 01-29-2004, 11:03 AM

Topp,
I know that I can't change the past, but let me say what should have been said all those years ago...

Welcome home. We missed you and we love you very much!

DL
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
Old 01-29-2004, 11:31 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Hope to see you in Atlanta soon Top. I owe you a big hug. Welcome Home brother in arms, welcome home. Peace
Old 01-29-2004, 11:31 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Don`t mean NOTHIN,Top.We all know the real truth,and that`s all that matters.

Peace,Griz
Old 01-29-2004, 11:52 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Great bunch of "Guys and Gals" You are thanks! Hey dragon lady! I always get this from the guys, but actually believe it is the first time I've gotten it from a lady veteran. Thanks it meant a lot! I'm proud of all of You! Larry i'll give You a shout, ,and Lt. Should be that way in the spring. Still have to check on Danny.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:15 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Calley is not one of us.

You are. Nuff said.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:09 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Topp,

I just have to say this before I get my beauty sleep tonight. The record has always been straight with those that count.There have been somereal life experience's that the guys have posted on this site thatwill stay in my heart forever.One of them is the thread that Danny put up onhis time with you andthe brothers that were with you in Vietnam.His integrity, yours and those that werewith you came throughlike sunshine through crystal. Absolutely beautiful.My own thoughts are thatSouthern Cross patchis well represented by men of your caliber.

A big thank you and Welcome home to all of you that wore that patch and served with honor in that place called Vietnam

Peace,

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 01-30-2004, 01:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to nataliemarie

Hey Topp

From a young troop in Korea, Thank you for everything you gave and for paving a way for the rest of us to follow... Welcome Home Topp!

Airborne!

PFC Natalie M Hughes
Old 01-30-2004, 02:54 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Unfortunately.............

the term "Baby killer" was applied to everyone in uniform after a short while. One day, I was returning to my ship from liberty (home port Staten Island). I was in uniform (Coast Guard) and was accosted by this hippie-peace-love kinda guy who was trying to impress his girl friend. The idiot screamed "baby killer" at me to my face. Wellll let me tell you, I went up to him nose to nose and let him have it. I grabbed him by the lapels of his Army fatigue coat no doubt purchased at an Army-Navy Store and ripped into him pretty much telling him how did it feel to be a coward and never ever forget that it was guys like me wearing this uniform who protected guys like him allowing them to make such outrageous statements. I know he didn't expect an outburst like what I gave him because he suddenly grew very quiet. I told him to get out of my sight then caught the ferry to Staten Island.

That was a pretty scary time to be stationed in NY. shortly thereafter, the draft office at White Hall street was bombed (1967-68) and we were all told that we couldn't go on liberty in uniform as they were afraid we would be targets by radicals. I remember thinking how sad, we couldn't even wear the uniform of our service in our own country in safety. That edict thankfully only lasted a couple of months.

Gratitude to all that served,

Bill

King John 2.1.466