The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2004, 07:31 AM

Default The War President!

I have for some time wanted to ask the question, "why don't the United States President" become a thoughtful person of his men at war?.

It is know that Prince Charles of Britain meets all planes that carry the British service men who have lost their lives in the Irag war. This also goes for the President of Australia for their servicemen lost in Irag. There may be other countries President that do the same for their men.

But we don't see President George W. Bush meet a plane that lands at Dover AF Base, or anywhere else with the dead from the Irag war. Why! Oh Why!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2004, 11:23 AM

Where the President goes, the press follows. How long do you think he would have any kind of support if every time people turn on the TV he's bringin' home the dead?

On a totally unrelated note, while it's a nice gesture and all, he's there to do a job, whether we agree with how he does it or not. I'd rather he were at his desk doin' what we pay him for. Prince Charles is real busy and all, but when it's said and done he doesn't actually have a job except to be seen.
Old 03-07-2004, 11:49 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

We don't know that he isn't there at times. If I were this President given the way Hollyweird,the media and the fifth columnwant to devour him alive they would get darn little out of me.Meeting the caskets publicly would only be seen as a publicity stunt byallof the aforementioned.

Arrow>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 12:44 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Good post and good question Capt. Skeeter plus welcome back, we missed you. As stated, bonny Prince Chuck doesn?t have much to do but be Royal and I suppose that?s good work if ya can get it. As to Pres. Bush, well, he has been the target of hate mongering since forever more and long ago, long before he became Pres. Like Sis, I feel that anything he does will be distorted, turned around and convoluted into more hate mongering. The families of the lost ones don?t need that and I?m sure Pres. Bush knows who is coming home under the flag and has some private thoughts, reflections and some form of communication with the families. That much I trust and have full faith in, amen.

As a VN Vet, I can?t help but remember the homecoming we got; alive or fallen heroes alike, from the media and all their assorted minions of darkness and that lesson is not forgotten, nor will it be. Why in the world would we want history to repeat and do all that one more time?
I recall Pres. Bush privately visited some of the wounded and the media attempted to turn that into fecal material. Just imagine what they could do with a flag covered casket, I shudder to think.

Scamp
Old 03-07-2004, 03:31 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Skeeter -
How would you suggest the American President, whosoever their name might be, actually accomplish that?... all things considered.

On the other hand, I myself, if President, might very well be inclined to meet every plane returning to Dover... then again, I ain't Prez and have never aspired to that role.

The guy HAS a lot on his plate Skeeter... and I have not a scintilla of doubt that he cares for us, not so much as a minute doubt.

It's bigger than that, would be my hunch, eh?
Old 03-07-2004, 04:37 PM

Admins.....I think that this belongs in the Politics Thread...not here.
Old 03-07-2004, 04:41 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Since when did our honored dead from war become political, only ? Bush is a disgrace. Now move it.

Larry
Old 03-07-2004, 05:13 PM

Default This Is A Compassion Issue

We of all people in the world, probably show less compassion for our fighting forces. This has been noted in many reports since the end of WW ll. It's very difficult to find a reason that we in America have come to such a less than compassionate state.

Now on the subject of the President that cannot find the time, "at least" show some form of compassion to his troops that sacrifice their lives.

I have a nephew who is a NBC news reporter in Virginia, who for the past year wanted to film a report of the returning dead. The Federal Government has refused to allow any news, videos, or any other type of reports of the Irag war dead or wounded.

In fact they (news media) are not allowed on Dover AF Base, or any reports from Walter Reed Hosptial, or any other place where the dead and wounded are returned..

I think you all know the reason. Where you are a Democrat or Republican it seems to lead to the shame we have for these men and women who has served and died. We have no compassion
Forget about how the image may hurt the President.. He is not human to care?.. Forget about making a trip to a city to raise funds to run for the office of the President. Forget about how it may hurt his image, or how others may feel about him. Forget about how his critics or political opponents spread their remarks.
Have the devotion to show some respect.. That's all it takes
Old 03-07-2004, 05:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Welcome back and welcome home Skeeter . Well said.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Skeeter -
Let me humbly ask this then... IS it the "federal government" who is not allowing or preventing coverage? IS it our President? Or, could it just possibly be some others within the administration?

I take issue only with the target which has been selected.

Also, I agree that this should be moved to Political.

Or, if it truly IS about compassion alone, then to Family forum or maybe something like Veterans Concerns.