Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2005, 09:02 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Unhappy Jumping Ship?

Quote:
By William J. Kole
ASSOCIATED PRESS
VIENNA, Austria ? Two of America's allies in Iraq are withdrawing forces this month and a half-dozen others are debating possible pullouts or reductions, increasing pressure on Washington as calls mount to bring home U.S. troops.
President Bush?s plan to hang tough in the Middle East may soon prove to be a solo act! Guerilla and Terrorist Wars, after all, have a tendency to emulate the energizer bunny - they just keep going and going and going! ?You can not continue to fight these people on their own terms, and that is exactly what we are doing!!?

If it was the President?s plan to eliminate Hussein - that has been accomplished! If it was the plan to bring lasting peace and stability to this region, however - forget it! This area has never known, nor will it ever know - ?A REAL and LASTING PEACE!?

?As for some of our (so-called) allies, Hell, most of them ain?t worth spit anyway!? And their numbers (for the most part), comparatively speaking, could not fill a small town Girl Scout Troop!!

?And when will we ever get smart to this United (in name only) Nations Bullshit?? When it comes to manpower, financial expenditures, and blood - ?We Are The United Nations!!? The rest of these nations, most of them anyway, have been watching far too many western movies - one bloodless Calvary charge, victory, and endless parades! ?In reality, it don?t work that way!!?

The whole idea behind the United Nations, at least as I see it, is just a way of beseeching the world?s permission to defend our national interest, our sovereignty, and yes, even begging them to allow us to insure our own survival. When the chips are down, and they prove this daily (economically in either case), they stab us in the back at will. ?Every day to a few of these fair-weather friends, is an ?Economic Pearl Harbor? all over again!

Remember the words of our illustrious First President (George Washington) in his Farewell Speech of September 17, 1796: ?It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliance with any portion of the foreign world!?

Washington also avowed that, and again I quote: ?I have always given it as my decided opinion that no nation had a right to intermeddle in the internal concerns of another!?

And for the record: ?Is this not exactly what Mexico is attempting to pull off as concerns our own borders right now??

In closing, let me quote ?Old Numero Uno (Washington) one more time. Old George said: ?Europe (and the rest of the world too I suspect) has a set of primary interests, which to us have none or a very remote relation. Hence, she must be engaged in frequent controversies, the causes of which are essentially foreign to our concerns. Hence, it must be unwise of us to implicate ourselves by artificial ties in the ordinary vicissitudes of her politics, or the ordinary combinations or collisions of her friendships or enmities!?

Now, if you will read the above words over again, you too may come to the conclusion that the description rendered by George Washington of the Europe of yore, now fits us to a tee as well? And this (so-called) United Nations has become a decaying nexus of sorts that consistently yokes us to foreign dictates and demands!

We are no longer our own man, so to speak! The (very) little help that is supplied by many (not all) foreign allies is transient and superficial as Hell. Some of these fair-weather friends usually pull out at first crisis (opinion) or at the first sign of economic upheaval!

?TO A FEW OF THESE BUMS, FRIENDSHIP STOPS WHERE THE BUCK BEGINS!?

VERITAS