The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2003, 10:35 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Wink America's Future - A Personal note

An old wrinkled Sea-bee buddy of mine once said (and I have followed his advice ever since), "When you straddle barbed wire with one foot in the future and the other in the past, yer liable to rip yer bag."

So, without doing that straddle, I'd like to take up a minute of your time with the following observation I have arrived at on one of the futures for this our blessed America.

This is not intended for political debate, it's just an emotion and instinctive feeling. The convincing is in the past.

I heard a respected expert Talking Head the other night using figures and statistics to prove that within the next 50 (or fewer) years our country IS going to be more than 51% (at least) hispanic population.

Without going into all the stuff about immigration and political correctness, I would just like to say here and now that I sure am glad I will NOT be around to see that day come.

Nothing against hispanic folks, nothing at all. I just do not want to live in an America where Spanish is the language of the dominant population, or where catholicism (nothing against those folks either) is the dominant religion. What is worse, I am not happy to have had any part in allowing laws to be passed which have made this unwelcome change inevitable.

For anyone over the age of 55, way too much has changed in America since we were born already. I know some has been by far for the best, but what we have thrown out in the bath water was wasted on the pavement.

We let this happen, WE did... so, like most every other aging man from here on in I intend to enjoy these last years of the America I once knew and so deeply love. Won't have been my first broken heart, don't ya know... but this one is a real big one.

I'll have my personal memories.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links