The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2006, 05:55 AM

Default More About Phony Vet Benny Ortega

I was clearing out my mail box when I ran across an email that was sent to me I overlooked.
It's from the reporter who wrote the story in the Times Union about Benny Ortega, his name is Terry Brown. What caught my attention the most is what he put in parenthesis. This is his email.

Date: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:39 am

Hi AL,

Thanks for alerting me about Benny Ortega's possible fraud. FYI: I asked Ortega to provide me with a copy of his DD214. To date, he hasn't sent it to me. Also, I have three sourses checking out his story. I'll keep you updated. Terry (Viet Vet myself, 101 Airborne Div. 69-70) Brown@TimesUnion.com

It appears to me if this dude is "really" a Vietnam Vet, than he doesn't have to be hit by a Mack Truck to come to the conclusion somebody is jerking on his chain about being a Vietnam Vet also.
Just asking Ortega two or three questions would have alerted him just how legit he was.

BTW......Means he claims he was with the 101st in Vietnam, he should have had some knowledge about SOG operations in the bush, which Ortega claimed he was involved with.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links