The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2002, 09:56 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default My Dinner With Andre'

Ya know, gettin' together with ol' friends is one thing....with ol' Para's is another.

Dan's experience since getting re-introduced to James has done more than all the years of Booze, drugs, and rock and roll he and I have lived the last 23 years, and I thank God that James and I got together and got them together. This site has a gawdam lot to do with it! Thanks David and the crew!

We have had a marvelous weekend of continuous music, food, and fun. Deb's famous Southern Lasagna last night, Frogmore Stew and Tommy's Ribs tonight. All washed down with too many martini's and a few gallons of fine wine. (not to mention the coffee and Cognac I'm doin' now) Sallie, my other bestus' friend and Deb make the whole experience complete....they go to bed earlier, but damn do they make the day! I'll love both of those women till' the day I die.......they not only understand, they put up with our ramblin, gamblin, Airborne! speak and HEROICS! (THEY BOTH KNOW HOW WE FEEL....THE HERO'S ARE ON THE WALL BUT WE SWAGGER AND ACT BAD ANYWAY!) Actually I swagger cause' the hip ain't quite right yet and it just looks like a swagger....it's really a stumble. God bless these two most wonderful women.......Andy and Tom know for sure what I'm talkin' bout' and sure a bunch of you more know...Doc Fred for sure!

Boy, as I read back over this......hope you guys don't think I'm loaded or anything....but I am....so there!

I guess this post is about how I feel, not only about Dan, but about all of you..........DAMMM I FEEL CLOSE AND I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU....THANK YOU BAAAAABY! Like always, the weekends go fast...the weeks drag on, and Dan and Sallie are on the road tomorrow back to Winton-Salem, but what a pleasure and honor to be friends with the both of them, and guys and gals like ya'll....

Until tomorrow.....Yours in brother and sisterhood.....I remain..

The Pack Guy......thanks for the memories.

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links