The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2006, 12:12 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up History Channel - Shootout , Tet 68

Tonight at 9pm the History Channel is airing , for the first time , Tet 68 on its Shootout series. It's a good series using film , graphics and interviews with survivors to tell the story
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2009, 05:00 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Yeah, it would be interesting to know what kind of specific monetary arrangements have been made over the years between NASCAR and the automotive manufacturers, but whatever , it seems to have been advantageous to everyone involved because they continue to make $$$. I`ve never been a fan of the rule bending to favor a make of car, a sponsor, or one of their 'Golden Boy" drivers. But like I said, they must be doing something right because the fans keep spending, the sponsors keep spending, and NASCAR keeps growing. Holy crap-if the promoter of the Daytona 500 can pay a 1/4 million$ to every team(43) that makes the race, they must be doing something right!

Peace,Griz
Old 02-19-2009, 04:42 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 

Griz
There is so much money in Nascar that the Ford guys just go along, After all, who cares if you win or not if you make 400 million a year as a car owner, (Jack Roush) Winning kind of takes a back seat.
10 years ago I was involved with nascar with a good friend that is high up in the EXXON company. At that time he said that the hood of a top 20 car coasts the sponcor
30 million $ a year, Winston or RJ Renolls was spending 300 million to nascar to sponcor the Grand National cars (Winston cup) The back fender on a top 20 car sponcor pays 5-10 million to the car owner. A Srint cup race has 300 thousand fans at their 1.5 mile tracks, and the minimum ticket is $75. now they have to eat and get a suvenier so $200. is kind of the minimum that each fan spends. Do the math, Fox TV gives nascar 270 million to have the privlage of broadcasting the game. Nascar wants it's favorit guys to win, cause there are a lot of fans that want Rick Hendricks and Richard Childress cars to win. Fair has nothing to do with nascar or it's "rules".

Ron
Old 02-19-2009, 07:54 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Griz and Ron

All of what y'all are saying is why I hardly watch it anymore. It really seems like BS to me. I just remember years and years ago, before it became so big, how much fun it was to go to a race, or watch on the odd occasion it was on TV. Used to go to the World 600 in Charlotte every year and camp out on turn 2. Those were the days as it was always a battle between Ford and Plymouth/Dodge. Chevy pulled out because they could not compete and their engines could never last....just like on the street.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Ron,
That`s why my money goes to Saturday night short track racing where a feature winner may get a couple of grand for his efforts-and his car and crew.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 83077495_tmp1Go5X.jpg (85.6 KB, 2 views)

Peace,Griz