The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2004, 10:38 AM

Unhappy Prayers for my Father

Last year I lost one of my heros, my Uncle Roy who was a vet of WWII, Korea, & Viet Nam, he was also a POW in Germany.

Last night I received a call from my sister that my father is doing very badly. He has COPD, which was brought on by years of smoking and the damage from emphezyma (sp?). He is also suffering from Congenitave Heart Failure. So you see, it doesnt sound good.

My Papa is a Vet of Korea & Viet Nam. Although he never served in those arenas. He was Air Force, just like me. He was a telephone lineman. He would go in to help return communications and helped bring both Germany & Japan up to the modern ages. He received a Purple Heart when he fell from a pole and broke his back in Japan in 1968.

Even with this massive injury he managed to come back and continued to serve his country for a total of 20 years. He is the one who taught me compassion. He taught me my work ethics, that just because it doesnt go the way you want, you stick with it and make it work. He was the one who would bring home G.I.'s from the base hospital at Yokota for Sunday dinner at our house. The holidays were always filled with people. We had 7 kids, what was a few more appetites?

I know that the chances he will recover are very slim and these may be his last days. If that is the case then please pray that he goes gently into that cold dark night. But if this isnt his time, then please let him heal that we may all benefit from his smile and positively contagious personality!

This is so hard! I was ready when my mother passed. She was sick for so long and we all knew and prepared. I'm not ready for this!

It hurts.

I Love You Papa!
?Whatever else history may say about me when I?m gone, I hope it will record that I appealed to your best hopes, not your worst fears; to your confidence rather than your doubts. My dream is that you will travel the road ahead with liberty?s lamp guiding your steps and opportunity?s arm steadying your way.?
President Ronald Reagan
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links