The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2002, 10:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Unhappy Dads

Four years ago , in Nov. , my Dad died. I guess I have been thinking about him , just a few moments ago I thought " I wonder what he was doing at my age ( 55) " so I did the math and he was 55 in 1971. In 1971 he had been out of a job,after 33 years , for a few months cause the brewery closed. The only money coming in was from my mothers part time factory joband the money he got sent home from his oldest son, who was in Vietnam. Got to thinking how I would feel if my daughter was in a combat zone and I was out of a job after working so long at one spot - it wasn't a good feeling. I am not a big talker and I know I should have said it more but .. Thanks Dad and Welcome Home ! Frank give your Dad a hug from me the next time you see him. I wish now I would have when I met him , but we were manly , and shook hands - tell him he's getting a hug next time. Sorry to ramble.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links