The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2003, 07:45 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Veteran's Outrage!

Some days ago, I saw a news piece that touted an 8% raise in VA funding. For the record, the VA budget resides away up in the mega-billions!! I, like many of you, then openly applauded this move, figuring that many veterans in dire need of medical care would now be taken care of!?

?Today, however, on Fox News, I saw a pathetic site!? Clearly ill veterans sitting in crowded VA waiting rooms (some for countless hours, as usual), awaiting whatever treatment they could garner - but alas, these were the lucky ones!! This news item then went on to say that an estimated 100,000 new, honorably discharged veterans a year, will be seeking treatment in (what was termed as), an already hard-pressed system?

Well, that?s it - right - ?LIKE HELL IT IS!??

This (news) piece was closely followed by one that outlined the huge chunk of change that had been extracted from the VA Budget for Transportation Department use! I guess that the ?Powers That Be? figure that all of those sick (and maybe even dying) veterans need these brand new, state of the art highways, to sleep along side of as they journey aimlessly in search of justice and the care that they have earned!

Of course, El Presidente has ordered (another media event) the VA to do something to help these beleaguered veterans (I?ll believe it when I see it!?). And with the help of the Almighty, maybe once again - water can be turned into wine, loaves can be multiplied, and fish (actually hamburgers) will appear out of midair to feed the hungry masses of veterans! Of course, a deity will have to perform some type of miracle to accomplish this wonder, for with the economy taking a dump, jobs too (even menial ones) are fast becoming a premium!

Is this piece a calculated shot across the bow of the current administration - HECK NO! If it were the other political party that was (grossly) screwing up economically, I would still ?YELL LIKE HELL!?

Oh I forgot - it was the ?Ghost of Christmas Past? what shit all over the economic pudding- Right?? But not to worry friends, as steady work can always be had in the military, and Uncle Sam never forgets his own! ?The VA and a few politicos, on the other hand, well, that?s another fairytale, for yet another day??

?BROTHER, CAN YOU SPARE A DIME?!?

VERITAS