The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2003, 06:44 AM

Thumbs up I took this very personally

I was in a VFW when a x-marine walked up and put a Dollar on the bar in front of me and said here you go sailor I forgot to give pay you for my taxi ride to VN.

I told him to shove this dollar up his ass and said who the hell did he think he was. Oh I'm a Marine he shouted. This isn't the first time I've encounted this type of harassment from the Marine Corp. and I doubt if it will be the last. But I can't tolerate this type of single warmanship that all Marines think they endure all by themselves.

We fight storms, we loose people on flight decks, in aircraft and at sea trying to supply them when they are ashore. We work more hours and know what our jobs are like they know what their jobs are. Each of us was trained to do a job. I didn't kill anyone directly but our equipment did. Our planes did. Our pilots suffered. Shipboard people suffered. Losses at sea. Losses from aircraft incidents. Losses from below deck accidents.

Hey Marines we loose people in support of you we know how to work as a team. All these people in the Coast Guard, Air Force and Army - all gave lives just like you did.

Why can't you guys just give us a break and accept that you would have had many more casulaties if it were not for the support given from the other services.

No one man is an army or a marine. Let's try to be a little more reasonable and try to understand that you at no time were ever alone "we" Army, Coast Guard, Air Force and the Navy were always there so support you - don't forget that.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links