The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2002, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default Word: Father / Title: DAD

This story belongs to my family and only my family knows it all so brothers and sisters sit on down at the kitchen table.
My wife and I have been married to each other three times. I can honestly say that Vietnam and its residuals have caused 2 divorces but I'll die before I'll pay for another one and Vietnam will never take precedence over family.
If a DNA test were taken of my kids, you would find that I am the biological father of 3 of the 7. The other 4 came along while Joanne and I were divorced.
On our last First Anniversary (sounds weird, but really does make sense) Jo and I stood in front of a Judge and asked my non-biological kids whom they wanted as their Dad. Each of them pointed to me, each of them chose me, and the court allowed me to adopt them and be their father.
While divorced the last time I did whole bunches of boozing and toking. I ignored my obligations to my kids or even the fact that I had kids. How terrible a father can be to his kids? I will never be the same.
The day that Jo and I were married last was the day after I smoked my last joint and several days after my last binge.
Today I have the honor of having seven children and eleven grandchildren. My kids call me DAD and my grandchildren call me Grand-pa. Beats any other honor that can be given to a man.
Sponsored Links