The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Military Weapons

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-2004, 03:50 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Horse Cavalry

My Lady and I went to see the Lippizzaner Stallions perform last night, both of our first times.

I was amazed to learn of their use as weapons in battle (had not known about that prior).

Watching the horses do their airs above ground whereby using their feet and bodies in certain dramatic ways they could defend or attack with man aboard was astounding to witness... imagining what it would have been like as infantry on the field bearing sword or spear on the receiving end of that power.

Also, to see them in formation maneuvering in unison of various kinds... quite remarkable.

I had read a little about Patton coming to the aid of the Austrian Lippizzaners during his last war, so now I can understand how he might have taken an interest in them,.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links