The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2004, 03:48 PM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Vn

I got home this morning from work and went to the store and got a 12 pack of MGD. Last night I ran into a guy from the 25 Inf. Div. when we were making our National night out rounds. He started talking about the time he was there and what he had done. I told my crew to get on the truck we were leaving. When we left they asked me why, I told them that he was talking about VN and I wanted to sleep that night not have dreams.
Well the night came and the dreams started. I was standing in front of the wall in D.C. and the guys behind the wall were asking me why they were there. I didn't have an answer for them.
This might be the 8 beers that I drank, but, I know in my mind and in my heart, that not one of those names on the wall are there because of something I did.
I called in arty on time and on target, I called for mortars as soon as possible, I directed Gun ships, I got us re-supply when we needed it, and medivac, I fired and fired and fired, but they still went home in those damn black bags.
This is most likely the beer talking, I'll come back later and delete this.

Ron
Sponsored Links