The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Branch Posts > Navy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2005, 12:40 PM

Send a message via AIM to SparrowHawk62 Send a message via Yahoo to SparrowHawk62

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Ryan Sparrow my wife is on her spring break from school, maybe we'll take a trip to San Diego, and see the Midway, let me know where she is berthed.
"Located on San Diego Bay in downtown San Diego at Navy Pier."

Planning your Visit

Hours:
Midway is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the exception of Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. Ticket booth closes at 4 p.m. to allow guests enough time to enjoy Midway prior to closing.

Ticket Prices: This link should get you on line to buy tickets.
http://reservations.sandiegohotels.com/678
-/attraction/56#tickets

$13 Adults
$10 Seniors (62+), Students (with valid ID), and Active Military (with valid ID)
$7 children (ages 6-17)

Children under 6 and active-duty military in uniform are free.

Ticket prices include a self-guided audio tour. We recommend you allow between 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hours to tour the ship.

The Midway ticket office accepts cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, and travelers' checks.

Accessibility:

Wheelchair access is available to the Hangar Deck from Navy Pier. The Flight Elevator provides access from the Hangar Deck to the Flight Deck with scheduled lifts at 12:00 p.m., 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. (All lift times are subject to change).

ADA Assistance dogs are allowed on board the Midway. No other animals are permitted at any time.

Group Rates:
Groups with a minimum of 20 people from the same school, organization, or tour group may qualify for special rates. Reservations must be made in advance through the Group Sales Department. For more information, please call (619) 544-9600 ext. 252.

Flight Simulators:
Launch, complete dogfight missions, and land aboard the carrier via optional Flight Simulators (authentic cockpit and computer flight stations). For information, please call Mach Combat at (619) 544-9600 ext. 277 or e-mail combat@midway.org.

In another virtual flight simulation program groups of 13 enter the simulator for an exhilarating experience akin to the thousands of naval aviators who flew off Midway. For more information, please call Flight Avionics at (619) 544-9600 ext. 266.

Fantail Cafe:
For your convenience, the Fantail Cafe serves snacks, salads, sandwiches and beverages during Midway's operating hours.

(Gift) Jet Shop:
The Jet Shop offers variety of gifts, books, clothing, memorabilia and souvenirs. (619) 544-9600 ext. 244

Parking:
Limited paid parking is available on Navy Pier.
$5 up to 1 hour
$10 for 1-10 hours
$12 for 10-24 hours
$5 per day on weekends and holidays

Metered parking is also available along N. Harbor Drive. Buses can drop groups off at our ticket office, but cannot stage on Navy Pier. Vehicles over 18' long are not allowed to park on Navy Pier. The closest RV parking is in metered parking places along Pacific Coast Highway.

For more information on San Diego please visit San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau or The Big Bay.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links