The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-31-2005, 05:34 AM

Well thanks for all of your fine thoughts. I've been waiting for this since 59 and I was a little leary but they came through in fine fashion. Like I said awhile ago may the best team win. They did this time - what's next? We have a whole year to go to see.

To the SOX all I can say is - THANKS!

GO SOX!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Robert J Ryan

Boats, I really had an idea that the WhiteSox would win the way they handled the RedSox. The RedSox are no slouch team. But the WhiteSox pitching was good in post season play.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:21 AM

Heard on the news that the teams value went up 40 million dollars and now they are worth $300M to whoever wants to buy them. I know the owner talked about selling the team - he wants out of baseball too much hard work. Had 75M in ball player fees per year. The park only pullyed in 2.2M to watch the games this year. It's up but what they wanted.

More people would go to the games if it was a little less expensive. Sure we support the team efforts but don't have the money to pay $200 for four people on a regular basis.

Double A teams are pulling more fans because the cost are lower and they don't charge you an arm and leg to go there.

I love baseball especially if our teams are doing well. This year was unexpected and we really didn't think they'd go that far. They got a roll and it just seemed endless.

We also don't get much respect from the media and other teams like the most popular teams do. Yankees and Red Sox and few others normally make the news more than our team.

Cubs are to National for me - they have fans worldwide and thats because WGN is all over the country. The same goes for Atlanta and thats partially due to the owner having his own TV station.

I'm just thrilled the SOX pulled it off. The city went wild and we had over 2m during the parade for them. Strange team - very international and too much Venezulea for me. Ozzie if OK but a little to foreign for me. I want an all American Team but today that's no longer possible and those ball player's change teams like we break a twenty dollar bill.

Will have to see what happens next season. God willing we will make a run at it again and who knows.

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:30 AM
Banned

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Boats

My opinion on how Major leage baseball could be saved.

Move the pitchers mound back 5 feet.
end result games that end up 26 to 32. Fans don't like sitting at a game for three hours watching a 2 to 3 game. They want the fans Money they are going to have to do something to make it more fun to go to, Strippers are out of the question so something else has got to be tried.

Ron