The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2005, 12:41 AM

She was most likely a Vanderbuilt med student Hal most of the V. A. people are older ladies. Scince you lost your Buck knife you want be able to lose it in the chair and sit on it anymore. LOL
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2005, 03:56 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal, don't tell me....as you were puttin' the shotguns in the pickup one of you said: "Hey y'all, watch this!"

Sorry, but I'd have been laughing my ass off also!

A Purple Pabst Can award could be coming your way!

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-16-2005, 04:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Hal
Thats what you get for thinking with your other head.......
Did I ever tell you thats why we give our thingie's names.....
We dont like strangers making decisions for us
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-16-2005, 06:10 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default NAME your thingie

Quote:
Originally posted by b3196 Hal
Thats what you get for thinking with your other head.......
Did I ever tell you thats why we give our thingie's names.....
We dont like strangers making decisions for us
Bob K
BOb

whats your thingies name?? Min was Richard for a long time, then Herman. Now its The Miracle Worker (If it works, its a MIRACLE!)
STAY good
JAmes
Old 12-16-2005, 06:16 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc.2/47 Paco-

Me and this other poor sap who had made the mistake of putting a loaded shotgun in the back of his pickup while he moved to another hunting area (went off and blew all the way through the truckbed and the cab,and into his tender backside)

Hal
This is your mind on drugs

"Some while later I was issued a brand new pair of jungleboots and a brand new jungle somewhere in Panama" Where in Panama was this? I ran around iin the jongles of PAnama for months and months from FT KObbe around the JOC Area and in Rio Hato.
Is the Ancon Bar still open? When I was iin SPain I went to the real Ancon (Its a hill) but the Panama bar was better
Stay good
JAMES
Old 12-16-2005, 01:31 PM
Doc.2/47

James-

My little med. detachment was provideing support for an Engineer Bn. in the process of building a bridge across the Rio Indio where it runs into the Caribean and a stretch of road from there on. There was a small ville there at the river (also called Rio Indio), other than that there wasn't anything within about 20-25 dirt road miles. I think we were something on the order of 40-45 miles from Ft. Kobbe.

The whole thing turned into a real cluster-fuck. The river flooded and rendered the bridge unuseable which left our camp(5 miles into the jungle side of the river) cut off to ground transport. Re-supply was by chopper. So-once again-I found myself sitting in the mud in the rain in the jungle listening to the choppers eating C-rats wondering just how the Hell I got there.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:29 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James
I named mine after an old Chinese Profit......Won-Hung-Lo
Thats still not as good as "Hung Like a Horse Potato Elf"
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-17-2005, 08:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Days in Panama

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc.2/47 James-

My little med. detachment was provideing support for an Engineer Bn. in the process of building a bridge across the Rio Indio where it runs into the Caribean and a stretch of road from there on. There was a small ville there at the river (also called Rio Indio), other than that there wasn't anything within about 20-25 dirt road miles. I think we were something on the order of 40-45 miles from Ft. Kobbe.

The whole thing turned into a real cluster-fuck. The river flooded and rendered the bridge unuseable which left our camp(5 miles into the jungle side of the river) cut off to ground transport. Re-supply was by chopper. So-once again-I found myself sitting in the mud in the rain in the jungle listening to the choppers eating C-rats wondering just how the Hell I got there.
Hal
Yeah, thats the place all right. we were based out of Kobbe,We mostly trained in the Rio HAto area, but we went on maneuvers all over the western/northern side, both oceans. this was the first time I ever saw the Atlantic. We were all around Gatun, jumped right next to the gatun locks. we lilked that Gatun DZ BECAUse it was the biggest one in Panama--others not so much. I knew a medic who left his thumb in the static line jumping over Gatun.
I went to Panama after jumpschool because I was still 17--EVERYBODY over 18 went West,, the 17 year olds went to Panam and Germany. I was wishing I'd gone to Germany but when I got to the Nam I appreciated all the humping we did in Panama.
The serious jungle was nothing new to me when I got to Vietnam, I'd trained for 8 months in Panama. They ran my platoon through an abbreviated version of the Jungle school there so we could work as AIs (setting up equipment and finding lost ttrainees mostly) this was another fortuitous circumstance for me. Compare this to all the guys who came out of Ft Dix, Ft Lewis and, yes, Germany. Turned out I was real lucky going to Panama instead of Germany,I'm real sure what I learned in the Panama jungles saved my life later.
I want to go to Panama again, ride a boat through the canals--which are SOMETHING to see themselves. How many people you know can claim they crossed the Panama canal--in a BOXCAR? (Coming off maneuvers--they just loaded us up and rode us from GATun back to CdeP)
Had a bud of mine who sailed through it a few years ago, he STILL talks about it.
STAY good Hal, looking forward to seeing you in APR
James