The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2006, 12:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Rick

You ain't NEVER gonna get your message through that door that is slammed so shut!

Trust me...............anything that is shut up as tight as THAT fellers "perspective" ain't never gonna be "open" to anything x-cept their own minds view. No matter WHO, WHAT or HOW MUCH evidence there may be to the contrary!

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2006, 12:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question

Gimpy;

It sought of sounds like it, don't it?

Rick
Old 02-25-2006, 12:35 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Rick

I read what David said, and disagreed with some of it as well. I also read what GEN (Ret) Tommy Franks and GEN Peter Pace had to say about the matter at hand, and tend to think that they are certainly more informed than I, and possibly, even you.

" ...And that is exactly what we are doing by allowing the Arabs to take over the control of U.S. Ports, ..." to use your very words is very much painting all Arabs with the same brush, isn't it? But first of all, and most importantly, they, Arab, Hindu, Hillbilly, or Goatroper, aren't taking over the control of U.S. Ports. If you start with a false premise, chances are the resultant hypothesis will be false as well. Of all the countries in the Middle East, the UAE is probably the most westernized in terms of government, military, economy, ethics, mindset, and recreational opportunities, and very much is an ally of ours.

Again, I urge you to read how port operations are actually conducted, with container inspections being conducted in overseas ports long before that container is placed aboard a container ship. Read what is posted elsewhere, and see if that doesn't change your perspective.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-25-2006, 01:45 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to McGuire, Wm. G.

What this situation boils down to, is the lesser of two evils.. The two bein the Chinese or the UAE.. The ChiComs already have a group of Port operations under their control, and to give them even more Ports to control would be bad.. REAL bad !! When the SHTF over Taiwan or Trade, then the Chinese are gonna shut down the Ports they control and cripple our Economy.. I'd hate to think they had that many more Ports to shut down.. The HMFWIC Admiral of the Coast Guard said that if the UAE gets these Terminals, then they will get a BIG boost of Security Forces and Tech.. Thats a GOOD thang !!
We might as well face the fact that there aint any U.S. Co. that is gonna want to deal with the Dock Workers Unions and the MOB that runs the Unions.. AINT GONNA HAPPEN !!
Old 02-25-2006, 01:50 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Brice:

I just hope that time, tide and terrorism at United States Ports don't prove you tragically wrong!

For if I am wrong, it is just my opinion that is challenged! Where as if you, and those who have the right to think like you, are in error, and I personally believe that you are, many more people may die needlessly!

The bottom line here is: "This Is American Soil, and I Be Damned if I Will Just Sit Back And Watch It Digested By Foreign Interests, One Little Ort At A Time!"

"The Time For Affirmative [Legal] Action Is Not When You Find Yourself Slipping Down The Gullet Of A Voracious (foreign) Arachnid!" Nor is the time to act when some ineffective "Political Maginot Line has been flanked!"

And I Still Take Great Exception To Your Ongoing Efforts To Characterize Me [Or Anyone Else For That Matter] In The Fashion That You Seem Intent On Pursuing Infinitum. "For I Am Neither A Xenophobe, A Racist, or Negative By Nature!" And If I Am Different From You, And People Who Think Like You, Nothing Could Please Me More!

"Now Do Me A Favor And Point Your Sarcasm In A Different Direction, One Where You Can Acquire A More Receptive Audience -For I Am Not He!"

Nor Am I Impressed By Your Attempts At Superior Thinking and Reasoning! As a matter of fact, I Am Bored To Tears With Your Redundant, and faulty in my opinion, Rhetoric!

If you feel that wide-open and foreign dominated (American) ports are the way to go, then by all means, buy yourself a soapbox and hope to hell that it too is not sold or blown out out from underneath you by those whom you now seek to champion!
-------------------------------------------------------------

"There can be no 50/50 Americanism. There is room here for only 100% Americanism." Teddy Roosevelt 1919

"SCREW THIS MOVE TOWARD INTERNATIONALISM AND A (SO-CALLED) NEW WORLD ORDER. IF WE HAVE PROBLEMS, WE CAN DEAL WITH THEM BY OUR OWN LAWS, MANDATES, AND SELF DETERMINATION! WE WILL NOT SURRENDER OUR SOVEREIGNTY TO ANY NEW-WORLD ORDER OR THE WHIMS OF BUT A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL, OR VESTED GROUP THEREOF!" (H. Rick Tavares, 2/25/06)

(These are, of course, again but my opinions)
Old 02-25-2006, 03:04 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Who handles security when the containers are unloaded ? I saw on CNN that the UAE firm will have access to the blueprint of and participate in the security of the containers....

Larry
Old 02-26-2006, 06:49 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Rick

Excuse me if I tried to suggest that you read about some inportant facts, not opinions, about port operations, and how by reading them, you might become even better informed. Somehow, I can't connect the dots of how this suggestion can be interpreted as being sarcastic, reduntant, or a demonstration of superior thinking. You can rest assured that I'll make no further suggestions so as not to disturb your little world.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 02-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Robert J Ryan

I agree superscout, when it comes to politics I really don't know a damned thing since I hate politicans. I just know that in 1980' our embassy was seized in Iran by muslims, muslims bomb the world trade center parking lot, we fought a war in the desert of Iraq in 1990 against muslims, muslims flew airplanes into the world trade center and killed thousands of people, muslims hijacked an airplane that crashed into the pentagon killing people, muslims hijacked a plane and it ended up crashing into a field in Pennslyvania killing all on board, muslims are now killing our men and woman in the armed forces in a war. There is a pattern here, oh yes muslims also bombed London's subways, muslims also bombed Spain ( I forget what), muslims beheaded an american reporter, muslims burnt the bodies of ameircan security personnel and displayed them on bridge. Now the president wants me to believe that its okay for muslims to run our ports. I know that not all muslims are killers and against us. But I just don't like the idea, and I don't support our president on this matter.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:28 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

SCOUT -

It is not my little world that is the problem but rather your big and ever flapping mouth. At first I perceived your redundant blabbering as genuine opinion, however, and after asking you to knock off your boot licking of the powers that be, I have finally come to the conclusion that you really can not stop yourself - can you?

So, if you must continue to run your mouth over what I am not interested in hearing - do carry on. At least you can entertain yourself. And if I live in a little world, it is people like you (in my opinion ) who make it a dangerous one!

If that is not clear enough for you, then let me make it cleared - KISS MY ASS! It is rare indeed that I have run into someone who has been informed that his smug attitude is persona non grata to a certain person (me) yet continues to interject his bull shit where it is not wanted! You are really a piece of work!

Now if you will excuse me, I have far, far better things to occupy my time that wasting it with someone who's views are, in my opinion, not worthy of comment! But even this won't shut you up, now will it? So carry on and continue to play with yourself! I will reply no more to your idiocy (my opinion of course)!

RICK
Old 02-26-2006, 10:09 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Arrow

MY LITTLE WORLD INDEED?

I am not, nor have I ever been in the habit of blowing my own horn. There is, after all, a multitude of others out there that have far more to boast about than I.

Never, however, even when I declined this sites Veteran Of The Month Award because I felt that there were many more here far more deserving than I, have I belittled the accomplishments of others upon this site. Doing that is, in my opinion, the mark of a small man, regardless of any former rank!

When I championed the right (Through the President and a Congressman) of a fine lady to join the Gold Star Mother, a woman who?s son died in recent combat, I did it because I felt that it was the right thing to do - she was eventually accepted into that group, even though she was foreign born. This allowed all parents whose children died in service to our nation the rights of membership in that group, regardless of the parent?s place of birth. If their sons and daughters fought and died for this nation, they deserved membership in my opinion!

When I fought through the White House for honors that had been earned by a well known aviator (deceased), who?s wife was being denied his pension, I did not publish the fact, as this was to me a matter of honor and duty!

When I bombarded the White House with request to allow a sailor friend to continue on, regardless of High Year Tenure limitations, and succeeded in this crusade, it was a private matter. The kid was patriotic, well recognized for his naval achievements, All-American to the core, and a credit to this nation, He requested after 8 years of service to be allowed to continue due to his exemplary record. This he was allowed to do and may soon again be stationed out in harm?s way!

When I championed HR 2369 and S 2157 (Honor Our Fallen Prisoners of War Act) in order to attain the Purple Heart for those who died in enemy captivity, I did it for the 17,000 plus who perished, and not for me. I respected these men and I felt that it was the least that I could do!

When I wrote an ongoing column in a good-sized newspaper (free) on the Medal of Honor, I did so to educate our youth on the true meaning of patriotism and love of country, and not (again) to make a name for myself!

When I helped to remove a dangerous band of panhandlers and thugs from the streets of a California Central Valley Community, I even declined to go to the dinner that they held to celebrate the success of the enterprise!

When a White House official complimented me by saying, and I quote: ?The White House was following your many successes, and that you had never asked for anything for yourself?, I was indeed honored. Granted, it was no medal, nor was it a public accolade, but to me, it was a great compliment from a man that I genuinely respected, and that was enough!

When I called the Border Patrol on numerous occasions to get needed help and medical aid for illegals who could have died from lack of water, the blazing heat, the bone-chilling cold, or even life-threatening medical problems, I did not seek the applause of anyone, even though I am still totally against illegal immigration. ?These people are still human beings, after all!?

When, however, I am called xenophobic, racist, and negative in nature by someone I don?t even know, nor do I care to know, then there I draw the line!!

I still disagree with giving America away - one little piece at a time, and this will never change! When, however, I have my character assailed and am told to retreat to ?my own little world?, or referred to by slanderous tags that are far removed from truth, and this to advance someone's own personal or political agenda (opinion), then I say again - screw those little-minded people who have so engaged themselves and their ponderous mouths!

I have attempted to relate my own personal views upon this site, without taking shots at another?s back, or by doing so, taking aim at a person?s family by splattering their reputations as well! I let my deeds and my soul dictate my actions, and I answer to no one save for the Almighty and myself. And if that is offensive to a few over-blown egos, then screw it and screw them too! My efforts to express my own personal views have apparently been in vain, but my views remain unchanged.

With this, I retire from this site and into ?My Own Little World?, to quote an esteemed participant upon this forum.

?Good luck in your attempts to acquire recognition from the Library of Congress. Setting down a history of those who served, from those who served, is a worthwhile endeavor!?

VERDADE e ADEUS