The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2002, 11:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 

just wanted to wish you all a happy veterans day..
hope you all had a great one..
love ya
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina Catena

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2002, 08:20 AM
Wannabe/Poser

Distinctions
VOM 
Default Cav Doc

Glad you are back, Damn dust storm just blew through just after reading your post. Anyone hurt in the storms up your way?

Sent out your Tee's today. Boats and Curtis hats also. Chris and Wazza will be ready next week.
Old 11-12-2002, 11:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Happy Belated Veterans Day to one and all!

Been real busy with my friend of 32 years Visiting from Maine. He is cantankorous and fussy and 65 years old, but has been a true friend and brother. He stayed over for Veterans Day to watch me be in the parade. The Military Order of the Purple Heart Chapter I belong to had a float and we were the honored guests and grand marshalls of the parade. The county had certificates made up for us and at the end of the ceramony at the National Cemetary they called us up one at a time to have it presented to us by a young Marine Colonel who has the Silver Star, DFC, Bronze Star w/V, and Purple Heart. He was a Cobra Pilot wounded in Grenada. He lost his right arm and right leg. He is currently near retirement and is Skipper of Weapons Bn. at Parris Island. I couldn't wait to get my certificate and give him a big SALLLLUTE! Well, as fate would have it, the Asshole Adjutant of our chapter screwed up and forgot to give them my name. Needless to say I was Pissed off and had a few choice words for him after the ceremony. Deb, Skip, (from Maine), and Deb's whole family were there to see this event and I kinda forgot my anger control skills with this dork. Anyway, as always, Deb put it into perspective......"I know your disappointed but how would it have felt to get your certificate and turn around to see nobody you know or love out in the audience".

I THINK I'LL KEEP HER!

Hope all of ya'll had a great day.....even though it is one of sad rememberance.

Thanks to all for perserving my freedom!

AIRBORNE!

PACKO

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2002, 05:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Went and March in the Parade

Quote:
Originally posted by Keith_Hixson

P.S. James it is good to see ya posting.
Always remember.
I still love ya - James.

Well, youre only human. This is why I come back, no matter what the bad guys say.

James

Real happy just to be alive
Old 11-14-2002, 09:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Tornadoes....

The worst happened about 60 miles from here at Mossy Grove. My particular area is somewhat immune to them because of the proximity of the mountains. We are lucky in that we do not have earthquakes, hurricanes or tornadoes. The hurricanes are also stopped by the mountains.