The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2007, 01:02 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Zo then, apparently Samoa is a one-horse town and Heinz; the majority Del Monte stock owner, has em up a coco palm and is threatening.
If the non-voting Rep. were worth the powder to blow his butt to hell, he?d be out n? about and busy about ?selling Samoa?, getting some economic diversity going and overcoming obstacles that may exist.
Any number of clean and safe cottage industries would be a very nice fit for Samoa. But I wouldn?t be a bit surprised to find the Heinz-Del Monte has a total lock on who can set up shop there and a very tight exclusionary list going. And probably own the ?company store? as well. Tennessee Ernie Ford had a song about that situation, as I recall. ?I owe my soul to the company store? went the lyrics.
Our government purchasing office has all kinds of small business set asides for very basic items and really favors minorities. It?s really curious that Samoa languishes with a single employer that has em? by the nads n? squeezing, and has not been further developed via the small business minority set-asides.
Get some economic diversity going and then Heinz-Del Monte can eat all that frigging tuna they can handle, and topped with ketchup to boot.

Scamp
Old 01-24-2007, 03:08 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Scamp

Reading about the economic woes and hand-wringings of the Samoans kinda reminds me of that ol' song sung by Tennessee Ernie Ford: "Sixteen Tons." Sounds like the 'company-sotre' mindset is deeply entrenched in Samoan life and culture, and the Left coast politicians are determined to keep it that way. Pity.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote