The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2021, 04:08 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Exclamation Never Be Deterred

5-13-2021

Never be deterred in your aim or your noble aspirations, for to vacillate or to falter is often to fail entirely!

So keep a stiff upper-lip and a firm resolve, and then if you do not succeed in your appointed task, at least you can attest to the fact that you gave it your all! And there is nothing at all wrong, or even to be ashamed of, in giving your efforts everything that you can muster! For only a damned fool or a coward, throws down his sword, rusted and rarely-used!

But as for me - I have no such lackluster compunctions, or even petty-little inclinations - “And I Will Truly Fight-On!!”

Hardcore
Old 05-14-2021, 10:55 AM

Wink Deterrence

Falling is part of our earlies learning curve . You have to crawl before you learn to walk.
-
If you get knocked down in a fight - you get up and do better!
-
You also learn by helping others when needed opening doors or helping them one way or another- like the older guys & gals.
-
I haven't thrown down my sword yet - I doubt I ever would - its not in my character.
-
You learn by doing - and also when you fail. (hence try not to do it the same way again).
-
I still have interest in doing things I've never done - even at 75. (However - I am getting a little brittle of late).
-
My grandkids bring new ideas in every now and then - we learn to work them out.
-
Grandkids are hungry for things they want to do - some carry scars of the attempts.
-
It's our nature to do things - often times without thinking - about it twice or more.
-
Life would be dull if we didn't try things - and learn from them - only to pass them along to others.
-
Rust you mentioned - yes I've got some rust and more coming - you hate to admit that as we know its a sign of old age - and we don't like that either.
-
Deterrence is a human nature built in safety guard against a premature hazardous event!
-
Even in war there is deterrence - and that's good - it gives you time to ponder your next move - rather then repeat the one you just had. (Life's learning curve).
- or;
The act or process of deterring: such as. a: the inhibition of criminal behavior by fear especially of punishment. b: the maintenance of military power for the purpose of discouraging attack nuclear deterrence.
-
Life is a learning curve - always has been - always will be. You never know until you try!
-
It's defined as: the action of discouraging an action or event through instilling doubt or fear of the consequences. We learn that quick enough as we grow in life.
-
Boats

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote