The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2022, 10:15 AM

Angry Push Back on Biden’s Warning Letter

Push Back on Biden’s Warning Letter
By: Jacl Phillips - The Epoch Times - News Alert - 06-17-22 (2 min.ago)
Re: https://www.theepochtimes.com/chevro...1moLU31Q%3D%3D

Chevron this week released a statement addressing President Joe Biden’s letter to oil companies that suggested he may take executive action amid record-high gas prices.

“We understand the significant concerns around higher fuel prices currently faced by consumers around the country, and the world. We share these concerns, and expect the Administration’s approach to energy policy will start to better reflect the importance of addressing them,” Chevron said in a statement to Biden.

The president sent letters Wednesday to Marathon Petroleum Corp., Valero Energy Corp., ExxonMobil, Phillips 66, Chevron, BP, and Shell to demand action on lowering gas prices. He asked why oil companies are not refining more and claimed they are reaping windfall profits.

“At a time of war, refinery profit margins well above normal being passed directly onto American families are not acceptable,” Biden wrote, according to the letter. This weak, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre stated that oil producers have a “patriotic duty” to increase refining capacity, although she told a reporter Thursday that the United States doesn’t need to be drilling more to deal with the record prices at the pump.

Chevron further said that since Biden took office in January 2021, his administration has signaled that it will “impose obstacles to our industry delivering energy resources the world needs.”

While the firm did not elaborate, it may have been referring to a flurry of executive orders targeting the oil industry such as killing the Keystone XL pipeline, suspending new oil drilling leases on federal lands, and ending fossil fuel subsidies used by certain agencies, among other measures.

Chevron also stated it will increase its Permian Basin production by 15 percent in 2022, while other oil firms have said they’ve already increased capacity in light of the gas prices.

“Our refineries are running full out,” Bruce Niemeyer, corporate vice president of strategy and sustainability at Chevron, told the Reuters news agency on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Shell told the news outlet that it is “producing at capacity” and looking at options to increase oil production.

ExxonMobil also issued a response to Biden’s letter and provided what it described as short-term and long-term solutions.

“In the short term, the U.S. government could enact measures often used in emergencies following hurricanes or other supply disruptions—such as waivers of Jones Act provisions and some fuel specifications to increase supplies,” the energy company said in a news release Wednesday.

In the longer term, the federal government “can promote investment through clear and consistent policy that supports U.S. resource development, such as regular and predictable lease sales, as well as streamlined regulatory approval and support for infrastructure such as pipelines,” according to ExxonMobil.

About this writer: Once more: Jack Phillips is the Breaking News reported at
The Epock Times based in New York.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal note: The US is difficent in protecting our supply & demand on several levels.
We can not be dependent on our country having the resources with the ongoing world
wide issues. We must have reserves stored across our Country so that we (the People)
don't have to suffer these ongoing financial issues.
-
If we can't get it (or the products - shame on you!). We must make assurances that
the US will not be a goat for deliquencies within our country and to provide for
assurances that prevent this type of upevil! Having other alternatives for shortages
must be available without on-due delay or cause undo distruption to our American
People will kick in.
-
Our infrastructure and our demand for everyday substances - and/or disruptions in
our purchasing products necessary for all American's - has got to have reserves at
all times - just for such circumstances that we often time walk into moreso recently.
-
Your decision's of late - have disrupted the American Way of Life. You guys are
in office to make decisions that ensure the welfare of us the People from possible
short-comings. (And once again you didn't do it - and we are paying for it now).
-
Decisions of late by the current & late President's and their Congress - leaves little
room for excuses. We The People deserve a better stock pile of necessary life giving
products - and services - without causing undo grief to our way of life.
-
If you're going to fight countries and then supply services and products we need to
them - you better think twice. Disruptions like this will cause undo grief and hard
consquences all many US People - to which you've seemed to have overlooked!
-
If we are dependent on others Nation's for our welfare - we had better take another
look at options should things turn to shit - like they have. Our future is in your hands
- and sure as hell - you had better take care of the folks who not only voted for you
but also those who can also take you out - come next election.
-
Many of us are not prepared for such inconvenices! Most of us are either
retired or unemployed. We suffer the worst - as it makes for great discomfort
and insecurity. Especially when our country doesn't have other resources
which causes undo stress of our savings and needed products we may need.
-
The Depression reminds us - and opens such flashbacks as to the days of
food shortages - price gouging - so as to make profit on goods other's need.
-
Don't war with Nations that supply U.S. needed products within our daily needs.
-
I don't have to be a politican to know when outside resources are needed you
must mend your fences quickly - or suffer the loss of influence of your people.
-
FIX or take a walk - and go to your home - and not have anything to worry
about our such issues. Also; wait until we have a major crash on our electricty
of which of late and arcaic - it shouldv'e been worked on years ago. Our roads
are also in dire need of repair and/or replacement; also water-supplies are also
beginning to factor into these issue's - what you doing about that?
-
(Like is said) Infrastructure is in dire need! Our roads are for shit. Our town says
it has no money to fix our roads or sidewalks. I've seen older folks walk by and
walk fall down from the lack of sidewalk attention. That's pretty poor! I called
them and bitched - and they say - we don't have the money - I say you got money
for your payroll and your expenses - but no money to fix the basics! I've heard it
they also say - if you don't it like move out - the state won't give us the monies
for fixing these issues. (That's only partially true - they keep it for upgrading
their payrolls and polic & fire equipment - that is forever chasing bad guys.
-
I said cut your payroll of our tax money was sent to fix stuff - not act our
government in Washington! That doesn't fix things too! That's just great!
-
I'm an old guy and I can't stand to see our Country going downhill and the
folks calling shots are just doing fine! Depression or Recession is on the
horizon - and they can't fix it which - leaves alot to be desired!
-
I could go on but it does no good - they "all of them" are pitful to say
the least. And yet they still get re-elected and I can't sell my house
as the neighborhood has the worst crime and propertry devaluation.
-
So; enough is enough - don't know what to do next but I sure as hell
will not vote to re-elect any of them that's for sure.
-

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links