The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2003, 02:32 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 
Default What's wrong with this picture?

As I look at the bottom of this screen I see that it has just turned 5:00 a.m. I have had two cups of coffee and three cigarettes already this morning but at a little after three this morning my brain said to me, "what the heck are you doing waisting time here in bed?"
I worked many years for the car company and it served me well. I live in a home worth quite a bit. Earned it and worked hard to get it. I have seven kids and eleven grand-kids. All but one of the kids have grown to be responsible adults. I know that I had a part in that. My grand-children are well on their way to growing up and being just as responsible due to their parents make up.
I don't have to work at the store today. Got the day off. For the 31 years that I worked for the car company I got up every work day and went to work when scheduled. After retiring I had to join in with my wife and buy a store just to be useful. Heck there wasn't anybody else that would hire me so I had to go to work for myself or I would be just waisting time. At 3:42 this morning my brains said to me "hey, you're awake now, why are you waisting time here in bed?"
Time is the only thing in life that we cannot stop. Once it's gone it's gone.
Why is sleep a waist of time?
I just saw something that I could be doing. Accomplishing. Heck for the past two weeks I've been geting up at 4:00 a.m. working on the books. Does anybody want to know exactly how much the store cost us and had in sales last year besides the IRS? Well I can tell you to the penny.
Time for another cigarette but while I'm out in the garage smoking I can be organizing my tools. Standing around with a smoke isn't accomplishing anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2003, 02:54 AM

Stick,

Been there, Done that, and still at it.

You realize that Most people sleep one third of their lives away?

Sounds like you are a responsible smoker, I mean by going to the garage. Thank you. I smoke also (two packs a day) but I dont like smoking around people who dont.

Have a good one

enough...........
Old 02-13-2003, 03:52 AM

John boy do I know what you're going through this morning got up started the coffee and sat in the chair didn't smoke a cigarette trying to cut down, went to get a cup of jo turned on the TV for the news and in the corner of the screen the time came up said to myself that can't be the right time it said 1230 now I do get up early but....... had to put on my glasses put the jo back into the pot went back to bed got back up at 330 that's the right time.have a good one my friend.
razz