The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2003, 08:58 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Antiwar Obscenities

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/op...ists/71913.htm ANTIWAR OBSCENITIES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 27, 2003 -- BULLETIN from the fever swamps of the Left: The administration might just plant weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Oh, and President Bush may cancel the 2004 election.
These were some of the observations offered yesterday at a breakfast sponsored by the Columbia School of Journalism about the first week of war.

Panelist Katrina vanden Heuvel, the editor of The Nation magazine, said the media need to ask some hard questions, like, "Will some in the U.S. government attempt to plant evidence of weapons of mass destruction?"

The panelist who reported the cancellation-of-the-2004-election rumor was Kevin Buckley, a decorated Vietnam War correspondent and now a contributing editor of Playboy. Evidently, Bush simply won't allow himself to be voted out of office due to a bad economy and bad war news. Ms. vanden Heuvel not only offered her own delightful notion, but seconded Buckley's theory: "I heard that in Moscow last week!"

Thus does the unabashedly leftist viewpoint greet the coming of war with Iraq. Not content merely to oppose the war, unwilling to believe that their antiwar views failed to prevail because they were out-argued, they imagine vile and all-powerful conspiracies afoot.

Ms. vanden Heuvel also complained that Helen Thomas, the ancient White House pseudo-reporter, had been relegated to a "kind of Siberia" because she dared to point out the "irony" of Donald Rumsfeld complaining about Iraqi violations of the Geneva Convention.

Given Helen Thomas' high jinks of late, which have included asking Ari Fleischer why the president "wants to bomb innocent Iraqi children" and comparing Bush to Hitler and Israel to Nazi Germany, I said Helen Thomas shouldn't be sent to Siberia but rather to an old-age home.

Kevin Buckley upbraided me for this admittedly harsh remark: I was "rude" and a "lout" for attacking an "old lady" who wasn't there to defend herself, he said. "You ruined the whole panel!"

It's true. I did ruin the whole panel. If I had only just thrown out a wacko conspiracy theory about the unparalleled evil of George W. Bush, I'd have fit right in.

Instead, I expressed feelings of rage toward a reporter who uses her White House press pass as a disgraceful opportunity to slander American officials and the nation of Israel on a daily basis.

The most interesting and impressive remarks were offered by Floyd Abrams, the veteran First Amendment lawyer. He pointed out how unprecedented and "transformative" the decision to embed reporters within the U.S. military truly is. "The administration deserves praise," he said, for "going beyond what the Constitution requires."

The military's willingness to open itself up to reporters is evidence of how deeply the attitudes of both the armed forces and the media have changed since Vietnam. Over the years, the hatred of the military expressed by mainstream journalists has been replaced by an unspoken but profound respect for the sacrifices made by men and women in uniform and the life-and-death challenges they are called upon to face.

Katrina vanden Heuvel, meanwhile, expressed her fear that embedded journalists would serve as cheerleaders for the U.S. military. (And she knows something about cheerleading: In its ignoble past, her magazine has served as a cheerleader for Stalin, Castro and the Sandinistas.)

As for the evil commander-in-chief, he had something more elevated to offer yesterday morning. "We will stay on the path to Baghdad, mile by mile, and all the way to victory," said George W. Bush.

Forgive me for cheerleading, but: Yay!
Old 03-27-2003, 09:06 AM

What amazes me is that everyone thinks this conflict will be over in weeks. The media is also hyping this issue. What's wrong with them?

And last night I heard the media talking to this general who was asked by do we have to stay here and hear the same information that coming from the Pentagon briefings? What?

They also said they wanted to hear from a higher authority. Who the hell are thes guys? It's a damn circus with all these reporters saying stupid comments.

I also heard them say how come you haven't found any WMD? What the hell is that? They are fighting a major conflict killing the enemy and they are suppose to be out looking for WMD. My ass. That comes after they take out this dirt bag. And if for some reason they come across some WMD issues well hurray now we don't have to look for it. But my God what's wrong with these media people!!!!!

O Almighty Lord God, who neither slumberest nor sleepest; Protect and assist, we beseech thee, all those who at home or abroad, by land, by sea, or in the air, are serving this country, that they, being armed with thy defence, may be preserved evermore in all perils; and being filled with wisdom and girded with strength, may do their duty to thy honour and glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

"IN GOD WE TRUST"
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:22 AM

If they could only hear their own Stupid questions. I just want to pull my hair out sometime .
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

How stupid can these protestors get? Quote from the leader of the "Die In" on Fifth Ave. in New York City this morning.
"Lives of the people of Iraq have been disrupted. How can we get back to business as usual?"
Does she think that the people of Iraq really want to get back to business as usual where if the so much as question their dictatorial leader, they will be severely punished, tortured, or worse?
Do the people of Iraq so much as have the right to protest their government?
I'm proud that the United States, Britain, and the many other countries of the coalition that has been formed to eliminate Sadam and his regime. I'm proud to have served this country in the defense of its' freedoms in trying to grant those freedoms and rights to the people of Vietnam. What a shame it was to have listened to stupidity of the likes of this broad in New York this morning. We learned after Vietnam that we made a mistake and the people of Vietnam suffer for our error today.
"Never more troops, Never more."
Now. Where's that recuiter? I want to stand proudly again with troops that are able to get the job done. (Will they take a gimpy, 55 year old, Grandpa?)
I'm proud of my family but even more proud to be an American.