The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2003, 06:42 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Question A Bridge Too Far - On The Part Of Peter Arnett!

Peter Arnett, Formerly of National Geographic, Formerly of NBC, Formerly In Good Sted With The American People, has just turned his career in a new direction - UNEMPLOYMENT! (opinion)

I would have never, not in a billion years, have believed that this erstwhile newsman/correspondent could have made the damaging remarks against our nation and its military that he did in the presence of the enemy?! For a man with his credentials, born in New Zealand, now an American Citizen, to give such comfort to the enemy, and then for elements of the media to (at first) levy a plethora of lame excuses in his defense, is unconscionable!

Descent (oops-dissent!) is everyone?s right, but on this occasion, Peter Arnett has traveled ?A Bridge Too Far!? Was he drugged, threatened, drunk perhaps, none of the above? What ever he was, what ever his reasoning, he has taken the fictional (Edward Everett Hale?s - The Man Without A Country), and breathed new life into it! (opinion) And like the fictional Philip Nolan, the object of the novel that I just mentioned, Peter Arnett too, may spend the rest of his life regretting his transgressions of the moment!

As for any apologies from Arnett, might I remind you (although I am not making or implying any comparisons) that Benedict Arnold too, did penance throughout his entire life for his careless and crass actions of the moment. And Arnold too, had been a patriot and a man of honor and integrity (ONCE)!

?Siquidem uita breuis, sensus hebes, neglegentiae torpor, inutilis occupatio, nos paucula seire permittunt, et adem iugiter excutit et auellit ab animo fraudatrix scientiae, inimica et infida semper memoriae nouerca, ?OBLIUIO!? (John of Salisbury, c. 1115 - 1180)

(translation)

The brevity of our life, the dullness of our senses, the torpor of our indifference, the futility of our occupation, suffer us to know but little: and that little is soon shaken and then torn from the mind by that traitor to learning, that hostile and faithless stepmother to memory, ?OBLIVION!?

Regardless, we will emerge victorious in Iraq and against all who embrace terror as a way of life!!!!

[Again, these are but my personal opinions - ?What are yours!??]

VERITAS
Old 03-31-2003, 07:00 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Descent or Dissent ? LOL

sorry couldn't resist...

Larry :
Old 03-31-2003, 10:40 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

"Katie and Matt had him on NBC this a.m. He wimped out an apology stating that he has always reported fairly, blah, blah, blah. Matt was real nice to him and Katie commented on what a good guy he is. I think Al-Jazzerr, (sp), will be offering him big bucks now to do "fair and balanced" reports for them. Watch for a Pulitzer Prize soon."

The above from Packo...

Think that dispells any question of him being drugged.

The man has never been in good steed with this girl.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

OOOPS- I gues I is a lousy spella!
Didunt go to the same schools as Arnett!! LOL
Old 03-31-2003, 01:15 PM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 
Default Fired

Arnett`s employment is no longer in question-He`s been shit-canned.

Peace,Griz
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote