The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Political Debate

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2003, 11:20 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Lightbulb LIEBERMAN et al!

Personally, I don?t give a damn if the guy running for President is a Democrat, a Republican, or even a Bull Moose like the ?Old Rough Rider!? If the guy (or gal) is the most qualified, and I believe that he (or she) will benefit ?ALL? of our people, and not just a singular faction - ?I?ll vote for that individual!!?

When, however, the focus turns to religious affiliation, as it did with Kennedy back in 1960, or Lieberman in 2004, I say bullshit! Hell, I?ll even vote for a woman; if I feel that she is better qualified for office than her male counterparts!

This playing of a race card, or a gender card, or even a religion card, is pure horse shit, regardless of your side of the issue or election! Using a person?s religious beliefs, or color of his skin, or even party affiliation ?ALONE?, to slander or lessen the perceived worth of any American, is as wrong as fixing an election!

Any man (or woman) should and must be judged, not by hype, or by media attack, and certainly not by innuendo or religious affiliation on it?s own merit, as was attempted against Senator Joseph Lieberman this day! ?And no, this is not necessarily an endorsement, as I will fight as hard to defend any man?s right to religious belief, regardless of Political Party, as this is what our great nation is all about!?

My own personal choice in the 2004 elections is still up for grabs, but when, as was done today, a cute attack is undertaken (i.e.- even some of this guy?s own people won?t vote for him), then those who are conducting this attack are hardly what I would consider patriotic material! Nor are those who may (?) be pulling the strings or dictating these ?Under The Rock Attacks!? (opinion)

If you like the guy (or gal), then vote for them! If you don?t, then do not vote for them! But whatever you do, judge a man or woman by their own potential and integrity, as well as your own heart and mind, and not by what may (or may not) be politically correct at that particular moment!

And most of all, do not fall prey to the vested political slander (lies, race and/or religious motivated, or even spin) that many politicos freely throw about during election campaigns, or have their lackeys throw about like excrement from a mindless goose, because they lack any real ammunition, true accomplishments, or even character!

The President, any president, belongs, not totally to him or herself, but rather to our nation and it?s (entire) people as a whole! And slinging shit, even as a (so-called) far-removed second party, is beneath the dignity of any potential leader of our nation, ?Or At Least It Should Be!??

VERITAS
Old 06-11-2003, 09:43 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

ADDENDUM-

"Clarification of sorts"

Why is it that some politicians hide behind expendable yes-men!?
Curs that bite upon command, and who undertake tasteless attacks?!

Do they do this to keep the 'TRUE' authors of these abominations squeaky clean, and in a position to deny (lie) any and all complicity in such vulgar attacks against a person's faith or Constitutionally Guaranteed personal beliefs?

VERITAS
Old 06-11-2003, 11:44 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Question Hardcore

Regarding a vote for Joe, I don't think so, not for me. It's because of his religion that I won't vote for him. There I said it, totally politically incorrect! However, there are real reasons for this decision.

The Arab world already believes the U.S. is taking orders from Israel, a Jewish President would (in my opinion) push the Islamic moderates over the edge. It would be the same as pi$$ing on someone else's shoe.

The second reason is a real concern about What Joe would do and When. He is Orthodox. The first debate the democrats had was on a Saturday. He said he would attend until after sundown, he really did. That makes scheduling very difficult. Lieberman would go on TV until after the sun when down and Kerry turns into a Werewolf at 10PM. Only a short window of opportunity.

But really, we need a president 7/24. If Joe is not willing to work on the Sabbath, that's his right, but this is a real cause for concern. If there is a rocket coming from Korea late Friday night, I'd like Prez with his finger firmly on the button.

Once I've heard Joe renounce his Orthodox views, I'll give him a second look. I do have a doctor who is Orthodox, he agrees that being the President would be very difficult for someone of that ilk. Israel has never elected someone of that sect.

Stay healthy,
Andy
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 12:32 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

ANDY-

Interesting points! As I said though, my thoughts were not an endorsement of anyone, of any party!

Interesting to note though, that other than religious preference, I saw no objections to the man's ability or qualifications! And granted, we do need a president that is 24/7/365. One, I might add, is 24/7 - BY, OF and FOR 'ALL' OF THE PEOPLE, equally, without reservation, and non vested in his (rather the people's) agenda!

"Good thoughts Andy, one and all!" THANKS

VERITAS
Old 06-11-2003, 02:20 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Veritas

That was my point, I have no objections to the man. He is a good senator and gets his share of the pie for his state. However being a president vs. a senator is a really big deal. He is very well qualified where he is but isn't our (my) best choice for the White House.
If he does win his parties nomination look closely at the VP. This is in no way intended as a threat or even wishing harm on another but you know the risk of assassination will go up, way up. There would be a lot of similarities between Joe and JFK.

Stay healthy, don't run for Prez,
Andy
Old 06-11-2003, 02:48 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

ANDY-

Your right, Lieberman is a damned good man, and he gets things done! But again, I am "Not Yet" backing anyone!!

I will, however, applaud what I perceive to be good, and scream like hell over that which I perceive to be in error! I am watching certain affairs very carefully, including this CIA v BUSH disagreement as to Iraqi Intel prior to GWII! "Someone here is sure as Cain a liar!"

As far as don't run for President, no fears here! I am not smart or devious enough to even find the DC Bordellos!!
Old 06-11-2003, 07:38 PM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Talking Help

Oh hell Hardcore, just go to the General Thomas Square - any cop would know that.

Stay healthy,
me