The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2003, 01:12 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Angry At It Again - Big Time!

Back on the issue of ?Rebuilding Iraq?, Fox News just reported that the only nation offering up any real support has been Great Britain to the tune of $440 Million! Lets see, that leaves the tiny sum of $86 Plus Billion yet to go!

I hear a few saying: ?Hey, we have got to rebuild this nation, it is our duty!? Some even claim that ?Iraqi Oil? should not be used as collateral, and that we should eat the expense ourselves! So what?s the bet that if we do, Iraq, like the Saudis back in 1991, will someday (soon) after reconstruction, tell us to take a freeking hike?

?Hey, and one more tiny little matter!!? Where is this $87 Billion going to come from? Get real people, you know that it won?t materialize out of thin air, nor will our government (top to bottom) take a pay-cuts across the board to do ther part (Splendid idea though)! Some other (More than likely U.S.) program will be skinned to the bone to pay for this generosity to a nation that had plans to conquer the entire Middle East!

So who will it be that pays this bill - our veterans perhaps who are dumped upon already! Maybe it will be the already strained Social Security System? Of course, there is always that open-ended credit card - ?The Deficit!!? (The spend now, pay the interest upon forever plan)!

Hell yeah, the deficit should be good for a few more trillion$ of dollars at least! ?I mean what the hell, let our kids and grandkids too, pay to rebuild an enemy that thought nothing of gassing, eradiating, and maybe even bio-butchering half the planet, our own kids in uniform included!

?Ah but not to worry!? We can always turn to Russia, France & Germany for help, right?

Oops, I forgot, they are at it again! Just this morning, the worm(s) have turned again! Again they have demanded, through their mentors at the United Nations, that we take a hike out of Iraq, and make it quick at that! Could it be that they want a return to those fat times when they were in bed with Saddam, billion$ and all? ?What in the hell do you think!??

Getting back to that fortune that some seem eager to gift Iraq with, should we do just that, this could quickly become yet another incident where we won a war but lost the peace. And will you be as enthusiastic, when somewhere down the road, this generosity is extracted from your very hides, or the skins of generations of American kids, yet unborn? ?It will be you know!?

Back during the late (?) unpleasantly (GWII), quite a few in America displayed some hesitance to engaging in Iraq for a second time! Patriotism and the media softened this stance, and we opted to again back our President?s action! We gave him our trust, our money, and many gave their blood! Yet now, months after the war was declared won, blood is still being spilled into the sands of victory! Add to this, new talk of North Korea, Syria, Liberia, and even Cuba, and their violent potential, is again wafting upon the political winds! ?Will we rebuild them too, and at what and who?s cost??

Most in the United States will stand up to aggression wherever it rears it?s ugly little head, but like the ?Mouse That Roared Scenario?, we are not suckers either! ?Think about it! And again, where is this $87 Billion going to come out of, a book of Grimm?s Fairytales perhaps!

?See, there I go again, getting my F-ing Scales in an uproar!? I guess that I never did like credit card buying, because in the end, someone has to pay the tab! And it seems to me that being a ?Domestic Conservative, and a Foreign Liberal?, all at the same damned time, is inherently stupid, and it will come back to haunt us! ?And if not you, then definitely your kids and grandkids, count upon it!?

VERITAS
Old 10-14-2003, 03:22 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Misleading Media

Again, we greeted with the erroneous numbers of what is being proposed for spending in Iraq. How much is actually going to spent on the Iraqi infrastructure, and how much on our military operations over there? These are vastly different amounts, and the truth shouts out that the entire $84 billion, or whatever the total is, will not be entirely dedicated to the Iraqis; much less, in fact. The progress that is being made, vs. the progress that is being reported, is another example of bias.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 05:36 PM

But what about the (either 50 or 500) Million to build Prisons In Iraq......

enough........

Maybe Mort can come up with the figures that are needed on this subject.......