The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2003, 03:52 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Well Boats.....

I guess I had it a little better off. My business sponsor got about 7% sponsor fee plus a 12% sales commission right off the top so they had a vested interest in my welfare and made sure I had all the good water I could drink and relative decent food to eat. I was never a big fan of the goat kuskus or all that rice but I suppose ya eat what?s on the plate or go hungry. I?d say about 70% of the time I was in an air-conditioned control room and the rest out on the machine decks. Hot and humid mammy jammer for sure and I?d be wet to the waistband in no time and never really got acclimatized. But in my racket a man is a fool not to wear nomax over alls continually and gauntlets with a fire hood when things are not looking so swell. So I suppose that was part of the overheating issue. But as things turn out energy resources didn?t get placed under Vale Colorado or Palm Springs so ya go where the projects are and just suck it up when it gets uncomfortable.

Scamp
Old 10-21-2003, 03:59 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Did a little browsing on the net and my take is as Scamp suggested. Our men and women are not without thecomfort of their faith be it Christian, Jew, or Muslim at least in Iraq. TheirCommanders andChaplins areallowing and providing them with what they need. Some Christains and Jews have opted out of having any reference of their religion on them as ID for fear of worse treatment if taken prisoner of some Muslim faction. Others carry identification stating their religious preference inspite of the risk. No one thinks more or less of the two groups for their choice.

The news article regarding the POdoesn't say where in the Middle East the boy is stationed although I completely agree with Neil it shouldn't matter and also withScampand Iquote:

Quote:
If the world needed a barium enema, I have a map as to exactly where to put the squirt gizmo and start the pump motor going.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 07:24 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Sparrow...

Though fairly lengthy, the article didn't mention exactly where in The Middle East The Soldier was stationed. Regardless, it did raise the quite valid point that no matter how capitulating or bending-over-backward America's Civilian Military Leadership are towards all Islamic religious courtesies wants, needs and DEMANDS (even for fanatical prisoners and turncoats),...nowhere near as much concern is shown for The U.S. Military itself.

Truly a shame to be more so concerned about our enemies' Islamic religious protocols than all other religions,...and especially while at war with such men, women and children TARGETTING & MURDERING BASTARDS in The Name of Allah. Politicos in Command here should re-evaluate their priorities and/or just who-the-hell is calling-the-shots here,...and/or why even have politically-correct and/or one-sided and cockamamie: "Rules of Engagement" against inhuman and murderous fanatics THAT HAVE NO RULES OR MERCY WHATSOEVER???

Besides,...this is merely: "ONE NATION UNDER GOD".
This isn't IDIOTSVILLE and/or where each and every soldier must have his or her own personal attorney present (or a degree in law) before being permitted to seek out and totally destroy a vicious and hostile enemy. Is it??? Basically, attorneys should only be needed latter after Discharge,...such as when dealing with The VA.

Regardless, only fools order men or women into combat with one hand tied behind their backs (always giving the enemy the edge) to fight politically-correct warfare.

Neil
Old 10-22-2003, 07:50 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

There are very few places in the world where freedom of ecpression vai religious freedom is practiced. If the population of the worl is 6,000,000,000, I dare say only 40% or less have the right to worship in any manner that they woud like, without fear of retribution in all of its forms. Many countries have religious freedom on paper only, but allow vilolence to take place and then little is done about it. We are truly blesses.

Larry

DEO VINDICE
Old 10-22-2003, 02:39 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Holy moly... we're hittin' on somethin' here, right smack dab in the middle of it.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:30 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Larry...

Can't argue the fact that America is truly blessed. After all,..."God Bless America" sez-it-all for me (no doubt MANY MANY others also).

Still,...I honestly believe that America would even be BETTER BLESSED by God, if we practiced what we preached about freedom of religions all over the world, while simultaneously and pretty-much denying God as if some dirty word here in This Nation: "FOUNDED UNDER GOD".

Granted,... and no matter what, I seriously doubt that America can be BETTER BLESSED than it already is. Still, if the silly and absurd dictates by some godless individuals ceased entirely, and America once again acted more sensibly and rationally about God,...I might not feel as embarassed about being an American when amongst foreigners anymore. Foreigners in general see nothing offensive about God or the mention of God,...and quite sensibly and rightfuly so.

Neil