The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-20-2004, 05:13 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

I think its a great site, and David and Bern have worked there tail off for it. If they wanted to they could shut it down tomorrow and have alot less drama from some people!

This is a web site, not even one run by the government. I think we do have free speach here but there are standards and there should be. They could moderate every message BEFORE its posted. I havn't always been the best at watching what I post either.

To me, to bring up the freedom of speach thing with what so many have fought and died for is wrong. this is a WEB SITE. The owners have every right to do what they want because they could easily delete this whole thing if they wanted.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2004, 09:21 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to BLUEHAWK
Distinctions
Contributor 

Blessings all...

If we practise in private that which we go to war to prevent in other lands or in our own, then where have we come and where are we going.

Bern's thread is very important, taking it all into account as it was written.

There must be some reason why PF is left as it is, though it is troublesome and expensive to them both. If PF is to be left as it is, then issues of free speech are legitimate concerns.

Yes, David and Bern could change PF immediately, or withdraw it completely at will. They do neither, thusfar... perhaps because it means as much or more to them as it does to everyone else.

The historical focus of PF would be more than sufficient for any web site. Yet, PF has become what it is today (going back to Bernadette's original thread here), for some reason... probably in response to need among its audience.

I am not "pissing on anyone's rug", nor am I preaching "the devil", nor rearranging anyone's closets, nor am I "whining". I am observing a phenomenon, and reporting on it. Bernadette observed a phenomenon, and reported on it.

No, I have not been here since day one, but I have been here a good long while, quite actively in a number of forums.

If PF wishes to be a closed society free of that which disturbs it, then it should set forth clearer guidelines for membership, or alter the format, so as to prevent what it does not want to cope with.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

You hit it Blue, the word for the Patriotfiles is "phenomenon"
I don't know how many times that I've taken one of my children and grandchildren here to learn something about history or those that made history, but I have done it several times. I don't know how many times I have used what I have learned here in my daily life. I don't know how many times I have come here to vent and to get some feed-back. I don?t know how many times I have come here for therapy. Patriotfiles has provided so much healing and I find that phenomenal.
I look at the forums and see that of the conflict post the most active is Vietnam. I think that is because the majority of us are Vietnam Vets, from the Vietnam era or affected by the Vietnam experience and because of that we had to subdue our opinions for so long.
Vietnam was a political war and the Political Forum here is also very active. America is a political land but the very politics of America demands that it's people are allowed freedom of expression. What other country allows so much freedom? America = phenomenon.
Today we are involved in another war and a great many Americans are trying to make it a political war. To be honest it was because of the American phenomenon that we went to Iraq and it is the phenomenal American government who will need to supply what ever it takes to get the job done. That American phenomenon is what we wish to spread to a people that were not allowed anything like liberty and freedom and terrorized into submission of the will of the few. It was the phenomenon of America and the leaders that the American people put into leadership that chose to share our freedom with the oppressed people of another land. It was an American phenomenon that got it going and I choose to support that phenomenon no matter who the people of America choose to put into the leadership of this phenomenal country.
Now, get abusive in the house of the Patriotfiles.com and you can expect consequences. Any conflict demands two things, offense and defense. Do away with either and there is no conflict. The point is offense starts the ball rolling and you have to allow that freedom of expression as long as it isn't offensive and therefore destructive.
To those that visit us here on the Patriotfiles from other lands, I am proud that you can see how we function in this free, phenomenal country. Speak up here. We allow you that right but please don?t go on the offensive. If you do, there are many of us here that will practice our right to go on the defense of this phenomenal land. And the owners of this phenomenal site might exercise their right to ownership. A right to ownership that you might not enjoy in your own country.
Thanks Bern. Thanks David. You?re doing a phenomenal job.