The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-26-2002, 06:19 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default It wasn't the movie

that "continued" to slander us......it was the advertisement for the other movie that did. Well, acutually you could make a point that "Boys is Company C" did "continue" to slander us....but my anger was in the wording of the advertisement for another movie.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2002, 07:56 AM

Distinctions
Staff VOM 
Lightbulb Message

Sent bravo a message saying I've contacted the three members of the local cable board. We don't get Bravo now. The city renews the license and ok's the channels this November. Bravo was on the list of new stations to add. It is no longer on the list. I'm calling some people on a cable board in another city whom I know to ask that when they renew their license they delete Bravo and replace it Home&Garden or something less political.

Stay healthy,
Andy
Old 08-26-2002, 11:36 AM

Sorry thing about that movie (Casualties of War) is that the credits claim that it is based on a "True Story". Now all these scum bags are wearing the Americal Division patch which kind of pisses me off. Yeah, we had Calley's Commandos from C 1/20th but as far as I know that was the ONLY incident in the Americal Division. If this movie was based on the My-Lai incident, even Calley wouldn't recognize it as based on fact. My question to BRAVO was why they felt that they had to run this piece of crap for an entire week. Haven't had a response from my e-mail to them as yet. If I get a response (which I doubt) I'll post it here.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:53 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default As of Now

No response to either email or phone call which "guarenteed" a response in one working day. Yeah, right. Well, it shows where the Bravo network leans and it ain't my way. I will recall and rewrite with my plan of action locally with our cable company.

Good-bye Bravo.

Packo

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 08-27-2002, 05:33 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to judyvillecco

Finished watching Casualties of War and the theme was to me that war doesn't justify rape and murder of innocent people da! My objection is it portrays men plundering the Asian women. Our government made amends to the bastard children of Southeast Asia yet in our own country in the name of country they perpetrated infanticide on their own women who served in the military and raped and pillaged their own and covered up. Why don't they do stories on that and the men who covered that mess up and quit blaming the GI's for it who bled and died for their country.Those of us who were there knew the score and I personnaly felt cheated to have a foreign woman's misery portrayed without being honest about us. My body and my children were treated and have been treated like I wasn't even a citizen much less a patriot. I say hogwash to Bravo as well.