Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2004, 09:17 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Re: Re: Still waiting

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy

#######

Yea James...................it bothers the hell out of ME!

I guess you have be part of the "dirty dozen", as they now call themselves, to be able to comprehend the hate & bias exhibited by some folks around here, ya know? Makes you kinda sick to your stomach, huh?? :cd:
You need to calm down...............take a deep breath..........and relax a bit there lady.

I don't recall using any "specific" names of any individuals when I said, " the hate & bias exhibited by some folks around here".....now did I????

There you go "assuming" things again.

Get a grip, will ya?

Gimpy

"MUD GRUNT/RIVERINE"

"I ain't no fortunate son"--CCR

"We have shared the incommunicable experience of war..........We have felt - we still feel - the passion of life to its top.........In our youth our hearts were touched with fire"

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2004, 08:44 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Peace!!!

I don't want to continue this post if its going to be disturbing to people, thats not my desire. And I hope I have not said anything disrespectful to anyone here, i'd have to aplogize for that if I did.
Everybody has their right to express their opinion,I'd be the first to say it..
I forgot to thank Brice for posting this: Thanks Brice its always interesting to see where you get your information from. I say this sincerely.
Re this article:
I think that if youre going to accuse someone of a serious breach like shielding mass murderers you need to have the proof of it in your hand. I think that Kerry and McCain are decent honest men, who may have made mistakes in life, like everybody else but there is not doubt that each of them volunteered for combat to serve their country and were heroic while they were doing it. SO I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt although I am aware of many of their transgressions. If you have proof of their transgressions that you need to put down, my best advice is to do it in the political discussion zone.

The author of this article has claimed that Kerry and McCain shielded Vietnamese Communists from the crime of mass murder. He has not offered ANY evidence at all in support of this theory, therefore I must concluide this is an outlandish claim, totally unsupported by any offered evidence. I wouldn't want my name attached to something like that but I have different standards than some, obviously.
I think to accuse someone of serious crimes without offering any evidence at all is UnAmerican and dishonorable. If someone thinks different than that I'd appreciate to hear his reasoning. If there is any evidence linking McCain and Kerry to the crime of Shielding MAss Murderers let it be posted HERE and NOW or I think this is just another baseless slander, unproven and unprovable we see so much of nowadays--and against the two highest serving Vietnam Veterans in the government--whats that about?? and why are Vietnam Vets doing it?
And I REALLY want to know what the Bush administration is doing about this.
Nothing personal to anyone here, of course.
Other than that I'm going to let this one go.
James Worth
Old 05-24-2004, 09:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I have posted a lot of articles on here about the mass-murder of Christians and 'Yards and other indigenous people of Vietnam by the Communist bastards in Hanoi. I can sure post plenty more. No one is shielding anyone. Just as they cleaned house in Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam frim 1975 - until now, and killed anyone they decided was not in their best interest to keep alive... it is right out front for anyone to see. I don't understand what the argument is about. If you are really interested, go here...

http://www.assistnews.net/Stories/s04040048.htm

http://www.persecution.com/

Larry
Old 05-25-2004, 07:17 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Ya Larry, it?s all out-front except where it should be. The real history of SEA and all that went on and is still going on is as rare as lips on a woodpecker in our public media, high schools and Universities. It seems as if we are in a perpetual state of denial and plastered with levered/manipulated information. Of course, the Internet flushes up a lot of old information; some of it suspect, some of it factual, but a virtual mountain of digits and stats and cold hard reality. For whatever reason, we seem to like to wallow in the myth of some misty-eyed peasant revolutionary seeing the way, the light and truth in the Red banner of Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Mao. All they found was a form of vicious Colonialism that was infinitely worse than what they were giving all to fight against.

The mountains of crushed skulls that are on display in Cambodia silently speak of the million or so the Communists murdered by beating them to death with lead filled pipes. That is what I call the bottom line of it all and unarguable evidence of what it was/is really all about. It?s all there for anyone to look at that isn?t so far into denial that they couldn?t see it if it jumped up and bit them in the butt. But alas, we seem to prefer our pink cloud and continue to busily sweep these horrific images under the rug or claim some kind of right wing subtrafudge.

Scamp
Old 05-25-2004, 07:46 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Larry,

The argument is about normalizing trade relations with a country that will not give a full accounting of our POW/MIA and a country that is committing genocide.It seems theman in the original article would have done better to define his argument in those terms. But then again maybe he has tried, as I have, to say it in those terms many times on this site to no avail.

The answer to the question, "What is this present administration doing about this?"; the same thing the last administration did and the administration before that, and the administration before that, zip, zero, nada, nothing. The bottom line is the bottom line. We think we are going to trade our way into Utopia. I am praying I won't be around when the tower falls.

Arrow>>>>>>

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 05-25-2004, 10:25 AM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Seascamp Ya Larry, it?s all out-front except where it should be. The real history of SEA and all that went on and is still going on is as rare as lips on a woodpecker in our public media, high schools and Universities. It seems as if we are in a perpetual state of denial and plastered with levered/manipulated information. Of course, the Internet flushes up a lot of old information; some of it suspect, some of it factual, but a virtual mountain of digits and stats and cold hard reality. For whatever reason, we seem to like to wallow in the myth of some misty-eyed peasant revolutionary seeing the way, the light and truth in the Red banner of Marx, Lenin, Stalin and Mao. All they found was a form of vicious Colonialism that was infinitely worse than what they were giving all to fight against.

The mountains of crushed skulls that are on display in Cambodia silently speak of the million or so the Communists murdered by beating them to death with lead filled pipes. That is what I call the bottom line of it all and unarguable evidence of what it was/is really all about. It?s all there for anyone to look at that isn?t so far into denial that they couldn?t see it if it jumped up and bit them in the butt. But alas, we seem to prefer our pink cloud and continue to busily sweep these horrific images under the rug or claim some kind of right wing subtrafudge.

Scamp
Scamp,

Thank you for keepin' the light on. Sis

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."