The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > Family

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2004, 12:01 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Pup on Leave!!

Last Sunday, we had the pleasure and honor of hosting a friends and family get-together for Pup #2, home on leave from Taji. Naturally, ol' Pop outdid hisownself and smoked some of the best pork ribs ever enjoyed in this part of Hays County Texas!!

Andrew looked great, his sense of purpose and sense of humor still intact, and thoroughly enjoyed the respite from the heat and dust of Iraq. It is magnificient to see the dedication he has for family, to our beloved America, and to Our Lord. His platoon flies the unmanned aerial picture-taker that has proven to be so valuable to ground force commanders, once they learn the capabilities and limitations of the machine.

He related one particular incident where a local told one of our HUMINT types that house #789 had explosive material inside. A raid was planned, and lo and behold, the source was correct - dozens of 82mm mortar rounds, RPG rounds, and other stuff that would have made a nasty landmine. Before this raid was complete, another Iraqi told the Americans that another nearby house should also be checked, and viola!!, more stuff!! Before the day had ended, a total of four houses had been raided and several tons of bomb-making material was removed.

Naturally, our wonderful media doesn't report any successes such as the above related one, which incidentally, are commonplace. If people want to trot out that bromide that 'this is just like Vietnam,' the only 'likeness' is the fact that the media generally operates against our military forces, just like they did in Vietnam.

Our pup returns to Iraq next week, with our continued prayers and good thoughts. He, like thousands of other warriors there, deserve nothing less than our total support, encouragement, and frequent care packages.
Scouts Out!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2004, 12:45 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up

Thats great news Scout. Tell him Welcome home and Thanks for his service and then give him a big old hug from me. Sounds like you raised a good one . Scouts Out !!
Old 08-17-2004, 01:10 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs up Great!

Have a great time. Good to have your kids home.

Mail me some ribs!

Keith
Old 08-17-2004, 06:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bro. Keith

It would have taken a severe miracle to have any of those ribs left over, so unfortunately, you're SOL on the care package! After everyone had their fill, the few remaining porcine arthopeadic structures made their way into somebody's 'take-home' bag.

We did have a great time, thank you!!

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 08-17-2004, 09:46 PM

Distinctions
POM Contributor 

Scout,

I love hearing these reports. Thank you. Blessings and prayers out for that fine young man of yours.

Thomas Jefferson, Kentucky Resolutions of 1798: "In questions of power then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
Old 08-18-2004, 02:58 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brice :

We have had our differences of opinion in the past. I respect your right to have your views and express them here. 'Nuf Sed.

Please relay my prayers for your son's return to you at the end of his tour, whole in physical body as well as spirit. Please thank him for me for his service to our country.

May God Bless you and your family,

Larry
Old 08-18-2004, 09:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tina Send a message via Yahoo to Tina
Distinctions
POM 
Smile awsome

So glad your son came home.. I will be sure to keep him in my prayers for the rest of the time...
Please tell him
Thanks for everything he has done and will countiue to do..
Love ya
Your friend and God Bless,
Tina

To the past: Thank you for all you did for our Country..

To the future: Thank you for all you will do for our Country

To those we have lost past prestent and future: R.I.P You might be gone.BUT you will NEVER be forgotten
Old 08-19-2004, 06:20 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Give him a BIG WELCOME HOME!!!! from all of us
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 08-19-2004, 08:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Thanks!!

One and all, for the kind words and thoughts about the family. I have given him a direct order, (umm-hmmm!) to send me more reports of what he's seeing and hearing, so that somemore firsthand info can be relayed to others here, to counter the krap being peddled by the talking heads.

Old 08-20-2004, 09:37 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

What I prefer when the man returns from war is squeezing really tight and only letting go when they insist on breathing.

Enjoy.

Joy