The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2004, 04:11 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Well, yep! Whiteoak Me too "Bro" I just don't want the first "watch" on LP/OP might miss something. Hey keep Me posted!
Old 12-06-2004, 08:42 PM
Doc.2/47

Ain't no high-roller.Doubt I could afford the time off work,the up front $100,and the cost of gettin there.Add in the cost of a weeks' food,lodgeing,transportation,and incidentals(probably all at inflated prices) and I'd likely be broke in aprox. 20 min.Far as I'm concerned,shakin folks down for every dime their carryin ain't such as great way ta say "Thank You" anyhow.Might be that they mean well,but it seems ta me that this kinda carryin on is a whole lot like slappin a bandaid on a corpse:might be a nice gesture but a little too late to mean much.

Nope,got my sights set on psyco-mt. an a bunch of psycos an other outstanding folks who'll be hangin there.DJ,you and your's should consider comin along.Think I can speak for all when I say that we'd like ta give y'all a big THANK YOU for your support and service.

John,
Think you'd best go tell that gal ta start workin out if she wants ta survive.

Danny and Topp,
Old 12-07-2004, 05:27 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

John
Does that mountain girl come with teeth?..... If so have them removed before I get there.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 06:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Anybody heard the latest on the big celebration?? I guess it is still the same
(homeless Viet Nam Vets) can't even afford to attend.
Old 12-09-2004, 09:31 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Okay- I e-mailed the Guy that is coordinating this event. After a very long and detailed explanation, it has shed a different perspective on the re-union. Discounts to vets, American airlines will try and offer 1/2 price fares to vets, and the $100.00 registration fee gets you around to all of the attractions, and to
the finale, and concerts. It does make more sense to me now that it was explained in detail.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:55 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 
Default Wall Street Journal

Band of Brothers
A group of civic leaders, including erstwhile presidential candidate Ross Perot, is holding a gathering in Branson, Mo., June 13-19, to honor Vietnam veterans. Here's a description from the event's Web site:

Thirty years have passed since the end of the Vietnam War. During those three decades, the brave men and women who served in that conflict have never been given the recognition they deserve for their heroic sacrifices in service to our country. Now, the time for that recognition has come. Welcome Home . . . America's Tribute to Vietnam Veterans will be the homecoming celebration they never received. . . .

Including veterans, their families and friends, 100,000 participants from across the country are expected to attend.

For Vietnam Veterans and their loved ones, and our nation, this celebration is profoundly important. By honoring those who answered their country's call during a difficult time in our nation's history, the legacy of duty, honor and country will be passed on to America's sons and daughters who will be called to serve in the future. It's an idea whose time has come.

How much do you want to bet John Kerry is a no-show?
http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110006153

Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 PM

Distinctions
Contributor 

Okay- I've been in the bunker and running back and forth along the trench line on the LZ seeing tracers and hearing the AK-47 in a distance. So I stayed away for awhile. January is absolutely a hard month for Me can't talk about that right now. This is what got Me going. I get a phone call from a Friend and He is telling Me about the big celebration and how graet this is after 34 years etc,etc, I said hold on, this is total BS! You pay a 100.00 registration fee, and that is the only way to attend ,no 100.00 no celebration. Shouldn't be a registration fee. Read this little clip for
June 13th and 14th. You don't register then You are not invited. This came from Their web-page. In black and white. Please tell Me this is not another lets get rich at the expense of a bunch of Vets.
READ IT FOR YOURSELF:

Monday, June 13:

Preregistered attendees can pick up their registration packets at their reserved lodging site

Branson Shows & Entertainment Available

Tuesday, June 14:

Opening Ceremony & Reception for registered attendees only
Old 01-22-2005, 10:50 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

I can't afford to be taken.
Old 01-23-2005, 01:26 AM

Distinctions
Coordinator VOM Contributor 

Don`t mean nothin,Top.We have our own 'Welcome Home Ceremonies' right here on patriotfiles every day,and here it really means something.

Peace,Griz
Old 01-23-2005, 09:41 AM

Distinctions
Contributor 

This homecoming is about 37 years to late. The PTSD groups I have attended have somewhat helped me accept the way we were greeted when we got back from Nam. We can't go back and change the way things were. Let the homecomings and celebrations be for the men and women who are returning home from the war on terrorism. Bet only Vietnam Vets and their families will be the only one attending this event.

If your going to suceed your going to have to know how to deal with failure. (Joe Torre).