The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > General > General Posts

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2006, 08:11 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Talking

Gracie is right about I - 285 that circles Atlanta. Got to do 75 in the slow lane just to not get run over. The truckers on the CB call I-285 the Watermellon 500.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2006, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Atlanta speed limit: "Safe and reasonable and if you're in my way you ain't reasonable, get outta my way Yankee."
NASCAR runs on two different road courses and it probably was a JawJaw driver tought em how to turn right. All ya gotta do is go clockwise around 285.
Looken forward to the shootout Saturday night. I've been in withdrawal for too long.
BTW Down here if you have plates on your car from the north side of the line you can expect to attract and get a good following from Smokey.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:16 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

For all of ya' with pretty Mt Ranier Plates (WA State) the Georgia Smokies don't bother them too much! I drove around for 3 months with them and didn't rile any bears But, when I was living in Biloxi @ Keesler AFB all my friends from PA,MASS,NJ and NY seemed to always be gettin insurance and License cks (LOL)
Old 02-12-2006, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Shootout delayed because of rain on the track yesterday. Rescheduled for today, Sunday, 4:30 p.m., Turner Network (TNT) will still be carrying it. The track's gonna be fast because the good Lord washed it clean and the two race, twenty lap / fifty lap format of the shootout makes tires not an issue. I'll be at the tube when the green drops.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:25 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Shootout???? Damn they take that NASCAR $hit serious, dont they?
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 02-12-2006, 05:11 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Congrats to Rookie Denny Hamlin as he wins the First Cup Race of the season, after rain delay yesterday. Denny stated he only hoped to gain the respect of the other drivers and was very happy about winning! Team mate Tony Stewart helped by Blocking for his teammate and came in 2nd or 3rd depending on which scorer you believe. Dale Jr was listed as 2nd or 3rd also and since he is the Darling of Bryan France he will probably get the 2nd Place money over the rebellious Tony. Jeff Gordon gave up after his oil cooler blew a line. Carl Edwards takes over where Rusty Wallace left off as the one NASCAR picks on for stupid technicalities He avoided a crash with the #5 and 48 car on pit road and get a drive thru penalty then because of that penalty he get another one for driving too fast on Pit Road Next Time if I was Carl I would just take out the slow cars insted of avoiding an accident It worked for Kyle Bush with Tony Stewart and Mark Martin
Old 02-13-2006, 02:26 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

Stewart proved what a team mate is yesterday. Daytona, being a "super speedway" requires that stupid restrictor plate which takes the engine builder out of the game and makes it so the only way of racing is by drafting. In team racing the drafting gets more aggressive with the use of "bump" drafting and Stewart did that to push his rookie team mate to the checker. No one got to see the yellow (rookie) tape stripe on Hamlins rear bumper because Stewart had that rear bumper covered. The team deserved the One/Two finish. It was a great race and I look forward to another landmark year for the Nextel season starting next week at the 500 in Daytona. Hamlin earned and deserves all the respect that he can get for the way he kept out of trouble and avoided causing trouble yesterday. Ya gotta watch the youngsters in NASCAR, Edwards, Kane and Hamlin. You're watching greatness grow.
Sorry 'bout that 106 octane Sunoco 260 unleaded flowing in my blood.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Distinctions
VOM Staff Contributor 

1330 (1:30 p.m.), Sunday, 19 February, NBC, Green Flag on the Nextel season at Daytona. The Super Bowl of racing is the first race of the season, not the last. I'll be in my bunker with the tube and the VCR on and everyone here knows that it's a good time to leave me alone.
Old 02-19-2006, 04:51 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Me too....Stick. Last year I lost some interest in the sport because of the early retirement of my driver, Ward Burton. But seeing Bobby Labonte wearing Richard Petty, my all time favorite, colors......my interest is back. Qualed 8 for the race....watch the 43 back in glory! I also like Kyle and the work he's done for children but it's time for him to find another driver and get the 45 to the front. He did qual well....for him now, so hope he stays out of the back and the big one.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 02-19-2006, 10:43 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

Yep! we here also liked S.Boston's Ward Burton(the Burton with the south in his mouth) when he drove the #22 CAT. My favorite Driver just retired last season but went out in the Top 10, #2 Rusty Wallace. His Topflight #64 driven by another Missouri boy Jaime McMurray got totaled in the Hershey 300 Satuday. I'm glad also to see a Champion driving the #43 again also and hope it won't be long before Bobby Wins again. Atlanta is coming up in Mar and Bobby does good there! Does anybody else find it comical that John Andretti has a rookie stripe driving in Busch this season? It will be funny if he get Rookie of the Year in the Busch series I was sure glad to see Mike Wallace was able to drive in the race after his bell was rung in the Truck race! Back in the 60's when I first started watching Nascar Gand National Stock Car Racing with my Grandpa the Purlator Ford #21 driven by David Pearson was the Guy we rooted for. It was always fun watching him and Richard race one another for the win. Everytime I see the #33 it's Mr Sept Harry Gant that comes to mind.