The Patriot Files Forums  

Go Back   The Patriot Files Forums > Conflict posts > Vietnam

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-19-2005, 07:59 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default dragon mountain #2

Quote:
Originally posted by exlrrp compare it to the one standing in front of dragon Mountain '68 below
stay good
james
here I am in front of dragon Montain '68. What a long strange trip its been
stay good
James
Old 12-19-2005, 08:13 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Me a soil expert? Hell I cant even tell when I soiled my pants!!!
I acquired the infamous laterite poisoning while I was there....Looked like ring worm except the area inside the ring turned dark purple and burned like a MFer. According to the Doc's, laterite contained a bacteria that attacked the skin aggressively causing mucho discomfort (left arm)
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:18 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by b3196 Me a soil expert? Hell I cant even tell when I soiled my pants!!!
I acquired the infamous laterite poisoning while I was there....Looked like ring worm except the area inside the ring turned dark purple and burned like a MFer. According to the Doc's, laterite contained a bacteria that attacked the skin aggressively causing mucho discomfort (left arm)
Bob K
Bob
That must be an allergy. I rolled around and crawled around in that shit for months and months!! Breathed in tons of the dust too. Onliest thing i ever got from that was jungle rot.
Anyone else get this?
Stay good
James
Old 12-19-2005, 08:45 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Default Bobk

As your highly trained and exceptionally qualified cyber therapist, kindly let me assure you that laterite was not the culprit but was in fact a residual byproduct of your frequent incidents of bestial carnal knowledge. The alleged laterite poisoning only adversely impacts stray chickens that have roosted on laterite-filled nests, and is passed on the humans in the most disgusting way.

And don't try to con your therapist that it was only on your left arm.... um hmmm.

Your bill is now overdue......

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Old 12-19-2005, 09:36 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Brice
Cant hide anything from you, Can I? And yes it did spread to my left arm from scratching my right scrotum.
Bob K

God bless the ACLU
Old 12-19-2005, 06:18 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

James,

I never got what Bob's talkin' about but then again, didn't have the time to visit as many houses of ill-laterite as he did. Did get ringworm though. Think that was just part of initial issue to grunts. Told us back in the rear to get our fatigues taylored to help stop that. Great, spend some bucks on some fatigue tayloring just to have them rot off in a few weeks in the field. Took the ringworm instead.

Pack

"DISSENT IS PATRIOTIC!" (unknown people for the past 8 years, my turn now)
Old 12-19-2005, 06:19 PM

Distinctions
VOM 

I can't really remember the dirt at Pleiko being any more red than the dirt in the Hue area. [Although I can't remember what I did 10 minutes ago eather.] I've run into Nam vets who talk about the red mud at Pleiko. The dirt from both places got into the pours of my skin and took months to wash away after I got home.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:30 PM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quon Loi was very red. I remember it took a year after I got home for my big toenails to grow enough to trim the red off. I had quite a celebration on the shedding of the red nails day.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:23 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 

Quote:
Originally posted by Paco James,

I never got what Bob's talkin' about but then again, didn't have the time to visit as many houses of ill-laterite as he did. Did get ringworm though. Think that was just part of initial issue to grunts. Told us back in the rear to get our fatigues taylored to help stop that. Great, spend some bucks on some fatigue tayloring just to have them rot off in a few weeks in the field. Took the ringworm instead.

Pack
Pack:
Yeah we went to the same place all right. I had to be dewormed when I got back, (I am NOT kidding!) i think i got this from the time in Chu Lai when it rained for so long that we couldn't get resupply so we shot a waterbuffalo and ate it. I'm not kidding about that either, ask Dan. I figure this was where I got worms from, although there was a variety of intersting kinds involved. Or i might have got it from eating that old Vietnamese delicady: Dog On A Stick
Speaking of intersting and unusual flora and fauna, as a welcome to Vietnam, I caught the crabs friom a toilet seat in Ptraining in Phan Rang (I am SO not making this up either) Know what they gave me? Foot Powder!! Did you know that that foot powder was good for chasing off the crabs (yes I know all about the rub sand and alcohol on em and let em get drunk and stone each other to death way, I invented it.)
yes it was mano a mano with all the vietnamm creepy crawlies througout the whole year--don't get me started on leeches
Stay good
Abu
james
Old 12-21-2005, 08:21 AM

Distinctions
VOM Contributor 
Thumbs down

Crossed a stream one morning and it wasn't till mid afternoon before I could check myself . Dropped my pants and stared at a leach about a foot long and as fat as my thumb , with my blood. Touched a smoke to him and chopped him up with my bayonette. ( yea I carried a bayonette and fixed it a time or two )